1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

70-270 exams question

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by dany_uk, Apr 17, 2010.

1. dany_uk

dany_uk New Member

Hi everyone, Hope you all doing fine.

Basically I'm studying the Self-Paced Training Kit book and the materials from Microsoft, which has a lot of video tutorial, so I was wondering if these materials are enough to pass the exam, or do I need more materials such as CBT Nuggets or any other books, in order to pass.

Another question is, I'm studying about 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, and wanted to know that, how long roughly is gone take me to finish these materials and pass the exam?

Thank you very much

Really appriciate if you can help. :(
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  2. beaumontdvd

beaumontdvd Kilobyte Poster

Thats depends on how quick you can learn it?

Mate 12 hours a day is what I used to do and it doesnt help I recommend about hour and a half then a break then another hour and a half then a break then an hour going over what you have read. The more repitition you do of the book the better. If your going to do 12 hours a day and cram it all in it might sound like a good idea but its not realisitic and you wont learn as much as if you took it easy mate.
    Certifications: 070-271, 070-272, (MCDST)Level 1,2,3 NVQ
    WIP: 070-270, A+, N+, S+,MCDST 7 Upgrade

agree to beaumontedvd. 70-270 was the firs microsoft exam I sat, to tell you the truth this exam was not that easy though since I have years of experience working with XP. I used microsoft press and cbt video as well to pass this exam. after passing this exam I sat 71 and 72 just after a week coz they are more easy and am looking forward with MCDST.

good luck!
    Certifications: MCDST, MCP,MCSA
  4. gurusapprentice

gurusapprentice Nibble Poster

James conrad cbt nugget is brilliant as he covers all the real world stuff as well as the theory
    Certifications: MCSA+Messaging
    WIP: Degree CCNA/CCNP 70-622 MCITP:E e
  5. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Should you be doing the 70-270?
    Do you work as a admin and have over 18months experience administrating a domain with 250-2000 XP clients?

If so fine, if not you should be looking at the MCDST (70-271 & 70-272)

PS a certification isn't a method of learning, its to show what you already know!!!
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
    Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots