1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

70-270 Exam or Network +?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Colloghi, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

Ive just recently passed my A+ and my 70-271 and Im currently have an exam booked for the 70-272, so with positive attitude in mind, Im kinda wondering where to head after that. My Ultimate goal is to go down the MCSA security route, and take the Security + exam at some stage.

Now, Im have also been wanting to do the Network + with a plan to knock it off my XMAS, but after gazing at the 70-270 Objectives, they seem kinda similar to the 70-271 objectives, but obviously the 271 is from the standpoint of supporting users.

What i started thinking is maybe having a crack at the 70-270 (as the XP installation stuff is still fresh in my mind) then attempting the Network+, and then starting to go down the MCSA route

Could anyone advise if there is much difference between thethe 70-270 and 70-271? or would It be more beneficial getting the Network+ before attempting the 70-270?

Any advice would be great:)
    Certifications: A+, MCP 270, 271, MCDST
    WIP: 290
  2. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

MS say: Candidates for this exam operate in medium to very large computing environments that use Windows XP Professional as a desktop operating system. They have a minimum of one year of experience implementing and administering any desktop operating system in a network environment.

If you fit that profile then perhaps doing the 70-270 now is the best bet.
    Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  3. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

70-270 should be not too hard, it combine 271 and 272 in a bit more depth with a few extra's...
  4. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I'd recommend Network+ first.
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

I think Ive deiced on the Network+:) thanks for the replies
    Certifications: A+, MCP 270, 271, MCDST
    WIP: 290