70-270 and second shot woes...

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Mikeyboy, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy Kilobyte Poster

Hi,

I'm sitting my 70-270 exam on Monday, and was quietly confident up until I start doing the practise questions on the readiness review CD-ROM, and got plenty of fails!!! I'm hoping it's just a case of adjusting to the way they ask the questions, as I've not had any real issues while working through my Microsoft Press book... I am going to get the transcender tonight, just to give me more test questions to try, but I am now much less confident than I was before!!

Also, I seem to have inadvertently deleted my receipt and confirmation of the exams, I know you can view all this through the prometric website but the info it gives you is lacking to say the least - I also deleted the email with my second shot code in it, so now I have no way of knowing what code was used to book my exam - From what I can remember reading before, if you failed and needed to book a retake, you had to book the exam using the same voucher number - but at no point during the booking process did it a) tell me that my voucher had been accepted, and b) show anwhere saying what voucher had been used!?

So basically, if I fail (which I probably will), am I screwed? Is there any way of finding out what voucher number I used with my exam?

Certifications: VCP,MCSA, MCP, MCDST, MCITP, MCTS, A+, N+
  2. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy Kilobyte Poster

OK rang prometric and got my voucher code, thats one problem solved... any last minute tips and advice?

3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Get a good night's sleep... and relax. Don't overthink the exam. Rely on your understanding of the topics. If you understand the concepts, you will likely do well.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Lev Arris

Lev Arris Byte Poster

Agree with boson here, the most obvious answer does tend to be the best answer.

Make sure you get to the test site nice and early to sort out parking etc.. in advance.

Don't worry too heavily if you are not beating the tests easily although make sure you have some questions from different sites. They'll often give you a new take or a bit more information that can come in handy on the exam.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, MCSA (270,290,291)
    WIP: CCNA ..Global Domination
  5. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

You were comfortable with the material before doing the practice tests. So trust your knowledge of the material, and help reinforce it by doing as many legit practice tests as you can. The more sources you can use, the better prepared you’ll be.

…and take BM’s advice on the good night sleep and not getting worked up.

Good Luck

6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I agree with what's been said above, also just keep in mind that it's a completely different experience when you actually sit the exam. So don't think that just because you did bad on practice you're going to do bad on the exam. There were times when I barely past the practice exam and almost aced the actual exam.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  7. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy Kilobyte Poster

just to report back...

I PASSED!!! HOORAY!!! Got an 846 :eek: so not even a scrape pass either!!

Very pleased, moving onto MCDST next :biggrin

8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. Lev Arris

Lev Arris Byte Poster

846 very tasty congrats!!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, MCSA (270,290,291)
    WIP: CCNA ..Global Domination
  10. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Congratulations... :)

11. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass mate :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  12. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

nice job!

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822