70-236

Discussion in 'Exchange Exams' started by NWD, May 15, 2009.

1. NWD

NWD Bit Poster

Hey everyone, I've got this one booked in for Monday morning to complete my MCSA cert and was just wondering if anyone has any advice or experience from that exam that they can share with me, I think I should be ok but every little helps 8)

cheers

Certifications: MCSE, VCP
    WIP: 70-649
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck for the exam :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Good luck with that mate. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. NWD

NWD Bit Poster

Well I failed miserably :cry: but i guess I had to have a stumbling block at some point. Gonna knuckle down and get the retake sorted in a couple of weeks.

I used the MS press book to do all my studying from and just didn't find that it gave me enough knowledge to answer some of the questions, does anyone have any advice on study material for this exam, I have a course book for the 5047B Exchange 2007 exam that work sent me on about 6 months ago so gonna read through that see if there is anymore info in there. It sucks too because I felt really confident going into the exam, all my practice tests were coming back good but instead of the book being harder then the actual exam this exam flipped that around on me and was 10 times harder then the book.....

5. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Unlucky mate, did you do any lab work before you took the exam?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. Kitkatninja

I would not have used only 1 resource (eg the course and the course material). Try to get another book/CBT to study from and maybe set up a dummy lab to experiment on? Don't think you want to experiment on a live system :biggrin

Apart from was your score? Were you almost there? At least you now know what you're weak on and can improve on it. Hopefully you used a second shot voucher?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  7. Triton.Deep

Triton.Deep Bit Poster

Yeah, 70-236 is tough man. Doesn't sound like you're letting it do anything but inspire you to up your game a little bit. That is good. Better luck next time, and just about everyone here has dropped one at some point in time, so....welcome to the club :) I don't know what testing provider you are using, but I use measureup.com, used it for 236, 237, and 238. Worked real well for me though opinions do vary.

All the best!

J.

Certifications: MCITP EMA, MCTS, MCSE (x3), CCNA, A+,etc
    WIP: MCM for Exchange probably. Not Sure
  8. NWD

NWD Bit Poster

Well 2nd time round and it's done and dusted, passed today :biggrin:biggrin:biggrin

I don't want to read another Exchange 2007 book or Technet article ever again hahaha

9. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Well done mate!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  10. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Congrats and well done ! :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. stolenblessing

stolenblessing Nibble Poster

What resouces did you use apart from MS Book

Certifications: CCNA, MCP (70-290)
    WIP: 70-291
  13. Kitkatninja

Congrats on the pass :)

-ken

14. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Congrats! :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA