70-236 pased

Discussion in 'Exchange Exams' started by Chriseast1, May 29, 2008.

1. Chriseast1

Chriseast1 Bit Poster

Passed today with 850. Found it fairly strieght forward. As other people have already said know your powershell comands and you should be fine. 53 questions and no sims.

Now onto 291 for my MCSA

Certifications: see signature
    WIP: MCSA next up 291
  2. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

Well done :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass!! Thats a Exchange 2007 exam right? Since its such a new cert and not many people have passed it so far on the forum, is it possible to discuss your preperation for the exam? I.e. books used, did you have experience in the real world with the product? Lab setups if used etc? This can help people in the future when the preparing for the exam.

Thanks! 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats on the pass :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congrats on the pass mate. :thumbleft

What did you use to prepare and how much have you used exchange 2007?

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Chriseast1

Chriseast1 Bit Poster

To try and answer a few of the questions above.

I have installed and looked after Exchange 2007 in a live environment. It’s a fairly small infrastructure with only 4 Exchange servers and about 100 users but they are clustered and this cover’s most stuff for the Exam. Previous to this I have supported 5.5 and 2003 so I have been using various version of Exchange for 7 years or so now. With about 6 months of 2007 experience

To Study I used the following

1/ The MSPress study guide - http://www.amazon.co.uk/MCTS-Self-P...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212135279&sr=8-1
    2/ A book called Exchange 2007 unleashed - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-E...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212135314&sr=1-1
    3/ Virtual machines - You can download a 32bit evaluation version of Exchange 2007 at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...9E-605F-4A82-96D5-A2F448C9D4FF&displaylang=en. I had a fairly simple set up of one Edge server and a server holding all the other roles along with a DC and a XP client with Outlook 2007 installed.
    4/ There is a load of Exchange 2007 info at the following link http://www.microsoft.com/events/series/tnexchangeserver.aspx?tab=webcasts&id=42340 (I have linked to a series of webcasts called 24h of Exchange which are a really good intro but the rest of the site has some good stuff as well)
    5/ The usual reading of technet articles and things on the web (http://www.msexchange.org/ is a good Exchange site for all versions)
    6/ Work also sent me on an Exchange 2007 course a few months ago but all of the above were much more useful and I would recommend above the official instructor led course

Not sure how much I can say about the exam but there was a large amount of Powershell. You will need to know not only the cmdlets but the options as well so this is what to focus on for your revision. There were no Sims on the exam but a few of the put these in order type questions.

Certifications: see signature
    WIP: MCSA next up 291
  8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Thanks for the info. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  9. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats and well done on the pass :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security