1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

70-218

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by Wassup, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Wassup

Wassup Byte Poster

i'm on a 5 day course for this one next week and then i'll be taking the exam the following week, probably May 9 or 10.

Seeing as I'm now managing a network environment at work I can't see any real problems coming up, so *fingers crossed* I will be MCSA w2k in 10 days time.

Then it is on to the 292 upgrade before end of June to get the discount for the server 2007 when it comes out... well that's the plan anyway :blink

:biggrin

2. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Good luck on your studies, I would have said that the 70-218 is an easier version of the 70-216 (imo), but I'm not sure if you done the 216, hope you pass anyway. Let us know how you get on :)

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  3. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

QFT. I took both 216 and 218. The latter one I did with two fingers up my nose.
    The 292 however....
    I know people fail that one four times.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  4. wagnerk

yep the 70-292 was hard, but not as hard as the 70-296 (so far the only MS exam I had to resit).

-ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I agree that 218 is a gimme, especially if you have already passed 216 - 218 covers a lot of topics but in a very shallow way.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster Forum Leader

Good luck with the studies. I hope you pass.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  7. Wassup

Wassup Byte Poster

thanks for the luck peeps.

Well I have had my first morning session and it does seem like we will be covering a lot of ground that I already know, so I will be looking to fly through this ...

get that MCSA wlcome pack ready Microsoft cos here I come ....

[​IMG]
    :biggrin

8. Wassup

Wassup Byte Poster

wahay!

took the exam a couple of days ago and passed with flying colours..

292 is next :)

9. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Well done

Certifications: MCSA , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS
    WIP: MCITP 2008 Ent Admin, Server Admin, Exchange 2010, Lync 2010, CCNA & VCP5
  10. wagnerk

Congrats :) Good luck on your next one :)

-ken

11. BosonMichael

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Well done mate.. i have yet to hear of anyone failing this exam.. you listening Gav?

8)

The upgrade 292 exam is not easy at all.. expect to bust a gut to get it.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)