664 Beta results in

Discussion in 'OCS 2007 / Lync 2010 / Skype for Business' started by Phoenix, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

So I got my results for Lync Beta

618 :(
    which is a fail
    but having never touched Lync or OCS 2007 and using just my generic VOIP exposure as my grounding, I feel I did rather well, and should pass next time as I have done a few Lync deployments now and read a couple more books on the subject (now they are out)

If I can pull that off, I imagine my colleague who is a Lync V-TSP and heads up our OCS/Lync practice should have passed both that one and the follow up for MCITP (he did both during the beta cycle)

next five pack has been ordered so I can get back to the exams :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Too bad, however not a bad score really :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

I'm, sure you'll nail it next time round mate.

We've started testing lync 2010 in work with around 100 IT staff, looks quite fancy, alot better than OCS anyway.

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I am sure it's not an easy exam... but I am also certain you'll pass it next time around. Just the fact that you got that score from barely any experience with Lync shows you have good knowledge. Like you said, now that you've implemented a few servers and read a few books, you should have no issues with your next exam!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

Passed this exam today, then again, been working with it for about 1 year before it went RTM.

It was not an easy exam largely due to the number of powershell cmdlet questions (you really need to remember the difference between the different cmdlets).

But I went through it in about 30 minutes largely due to the fact that:
    a) Questions were short
    b) Answers were even shorter

A few multiple choice, but nothing ground breaking. Wish there were more normalization questions. Aced the part on Edge servers, firewall, security... Did a little poorer on the client side, probably fumbled due to cmdlets, but still got through it.

Need to schedule the second Lync exam, I am after all the ONLY Microsoft consultant in the French speaking part of Switzerland (nearly half the country) that provides Lync consulting O_O ! Must get better at this!

P.S. the exam was easier than the OCS exam I did 1.5-2 years ago.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
    Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM