646-588 AWLANAM Question

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by tinu_karki, Nov 7, 2007.

1. tinu_karki

tinu_karki New Member

Hi All,

Has anyone done this exam before? It is the Advanced Wireless for Account Managers exam. I have studied the material from the partner learning but still failed the exam as there were a lot of questions not included in the course material. If you passed, can you tell me what resources you used to get through it successfully? Thanks in advance.

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Two questions:

1) Are you a Cisco Channel Partner Account Manager?
    2) Do you sell Cisco wireless products?

This exam is designed to test your knowledge of Cisco wireless devices, the differences between them, and in which situations would you recommend each model. If you are currently a Cisco Channel Partner Account Manager who sells Cisco wireless products, you shouldn't have that much trouble with the exam.

There's not really any study materials out there because there aren't many people who take this exam, and it's not really an exam where you should have to "study up"... it's designed to test knowledge that you've already built while selling Cisco wireless devices in the real world. The best thing you can do is to review the features offered by each model, and in which situations you'd recommend them to customers.

Since you failed the exam, you know what kind of specific questions you were asked. Study the areas where you were weak, and try again.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

tinu_karki,

Did you read the 646-588 AWLANAM Advanced Wireless LAN for Account Managers Exam outline?

Source:
    1. 646-588 AWLANAM Advanced Wireless LAN for Account Managers Exam outline - http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/current_exams/646-588.html

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA