1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

603 & 604

Discussion in 'A+' started by Adrian.Popescu, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Adrian.Popescu

Adrian.Popescu Byte Poster

Hi guys, i passed the A+ Essentials and the 602 and now waiting for the diploma from CompTIA. Should i take 603 & 604 also? What happends if you pass all 4 exams in the A+?

Thank You.

Certifications: City&Guild's Level2&3, CompTIA A&N+, MCP
    WIP: MCDST
  2. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster Forum Leader

Good work, fella. I passed this week as well!

From what I'm told, once you've chosen one of the options and passed, that's it. You're certified. It's done and dusted. I don't believe there's any benefit to passing the other options. I don't think CompTIA will certify you again.

I'm pretty sure you can't become an CompTIA A+: Remote IT Depot Support Technician!

In the contract we signed, I vaguely remember a clause saying that if we passed, we couldn't take the exam again for at least one year. I don't know if this would apply to taking different options though.

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?
  3. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

You're already A+ certified, you could go for the other ones as well, but ask yourself one thing: Is there any benefit? IMO no, but that's just me.

I would recommend doing either the MCDST or the Network+ next to build up your skill as well as your cert base :)

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  4. greenbrucelee

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done on the A+

Nothing happens if you take the other two exams, so there is no point unless you want to test yourself further.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Congratulations :D

I wouldn't take the other two.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. Adrian.Popescu

Thank you very much for the help. I think i will leave the other two exams as i allready started the N+ which i think is best to focus on, rather than the 603 & 604. MCDST after N+ hopefully :)Anyway thank's again for the advice.

7. dmarsh

dmarsh Terabyte Poster

Nothing happens. In the end certifications about learning and improving job prospects, I can't see how taking either of them would do much of either now you have the A+. Save your cash and put it towards something that will make a difference, new interview suit, a car, Network+, etc..

Certifications: CITP, BSc, HND, SCJP, SCJD, SCWCD, SCBCD, SCEA, N+, Sec+, Proj+, Server+, Linux+, MCTS, MCPD, MCSA, MCITP, CCDH
  8. BosonMichael

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Actually, that is incorrect... you DO earn separate A+ designations for each elective you take.

That said, what good does it do you, really? Once you're A+ certified, there's not much reason to get all of the designations. Employers simply care whether you are A+ certiified or not.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. Adrian.Popescu

Cool, it's all clear now, thank's to every1