602,603, or 604? Will it matter to the 2009 exams?

Discussion in 'A+' started by danpluso, Dec 9, 2009.

1. danpluso

danpluso Bit Poster

Hey guys! I am going to be taking the 2006 Exams in 1-2 months from now and was wondering if it really matters if I take the 602, 603, or 604.

I will be taking the bridge exam later on to get myself up to date on the 2009 exams and they only have one of each exams. So it should end up the same no matter which one I take (602, 603, or 604), correct? Just trying to decide if I should take the 602, 603, or 604..

Is there one that is easier then the other? If so, I may as well take the easier one so I have a higher chance of passing it. If it all ends up the same once I take the 2009 bridge exam then it shouldn't really matter.

Opinions?

Certifications: None
    WIP: Comptia A+
  2. miflandia

miflandia Byte Poster

I think 602 is what you want.
    Usually those people taking 603,604 who are already in the job and their employer asking them to take a job specific exam. But i think the 602 contains nearly everything. So employment wise that is the best option.
    Usually the begging of the study materials they explain that very well(i used Mike Meyers:twisted: AIO)

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I don't see any value in doing the bridge exam myself. The small differences between the two versions, which are pretty much adding Vista and SOHO networking, aren't worth the extra time and expense to me, and probably don't matter to employers. My network+ cert trumps any A+ networking knowledge and, since the release of W7 to almost universal acclaim, I don't see Vista's market share doing anything but dropping.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

You can take any of the electives you want but most people do the IT Technician exam.

Like soundian I also do not see the point or any value in taking the bridge exam as most employers don't realise the exams change every so often so they don't care what version you have. All they care about is that you have passed it. And he has good points on Vista.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. danpluso

danpluso Bit Poster

I was thinking of the slight chance that the employer might ask which A+ exams I toke and then hire someone over me because the other person had taken the newer 2009 exams.

6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

As said the majority of employers don't catually know or care that the exams get updated every once in a while. All they care about is that you have it.

So you could be certified in the 300 series, 600 series or 900 series as long as you have the cert is all that matter. Plus most employers expect you to get more certs more worthy that the A+ so I suppose they would rather you get the N+ and/MCDST after your A+.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

It's possible... but I've yet to meet one or hear of one who cared about which A+ version someone took. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

If you don't tell them on your CV, then they'll have to interview you to find out. If they're interested enough to interview you I doubt the small difference in the two certs will make any difference

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  9. danpluso

danpluso Bit Poster

Okay thanks for the advice guys!

I have to study like a mad man! Not really ready for the exams yet and I hear they are taking them offline in February. Probably go in and take both exams at the same time providing I pass the essentials first that is.

10. S3thz0r

S3thz0r Bit Poster

Is this true about taking the 2006 exams offline in feb? I was planning on taking them at the end or during march this year. Can someone confirm this?

WIP: ITIL v3 Foundation
  11. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

The CompTIA web site tells all

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong