601 exam

Discussion in 'A+' started by ParviJatt, Sep 11, 2007.

1. ParviJatt

ParviJatt Bit Poster

i scored 620 in my first 601 exam today :( :x :( :x

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Bad news mate, you'll just have to study harder.

Do you have the Mike Meyers all in one exam guide? as this is essential also the PC Technician street smarts book will help.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. ManicMonkey

ManicMonkey Kilobyte Poster

Sorry to hear that :(

Was this a real exam or a mock?
    You have any idea which subjects or subject areas you struggled on in the exam?
    What sort of study/experience have you been doing previously to the exam?

Chin up its not the end of the world (looks out window to confirm). Take a day off, relax and hit those books again :) Ask us any questions or problems you found and well try to give you some help.

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: Exchange, Share point - MOM as well
  4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Unlucky mate, but nevermind.

Hopefully you've now recognised your weak areas, the CompTIA print out should help you out alot. Study on them parts and then go for it again, dont let this set back get you down!

If you got any questions ect, dont hesitate to ask, i've been there and took them exams so I'll help out as much as im able too. :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Definitely get those two books, if you don't already have them.

Best of luck on your next attempt.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Matt_26uk

Matt_26uk Nibble Poster

Unlucky ParviJatt, just remember the true meaning of failing is giving up. As others have said; chin up and keep going you'll get there in the end.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, CompTIA A+, N+
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  7. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Thats too bad dude, at least next time you'll know what it is like so it will be easier to prepare. Keep going at it and dont give up.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA