601 & 602 exams - I have a few questions

Discussion in 'A+' started by diddlydoodily, Oct 29, 2008.

1. del_port

del_port Byte Poster

5) If the tests are done on a computer screen, can you skip questions you find hard and come back to them when you have answered some of the easier ones first or do you have to answer the question you are on before going to the next one?

This was the bit i messed up on when doing the exam,i knew i had to fly through the questions,as there is 100 to answer,and only 90 minutes for the exam,i became so obsessed with the time allowed i ignored the fact you can go back over your questions and leave answers blank to return to,i wasn't taking any risks and just zoomed through the questions and pressed finish after 70 minutes, i could have browsed through my answers for 20 minutes.

So yes ,if you want to you can tick "mark for review" ,and at the end it will allow you to go back over the "mark for review" questions.

And question number one, you can leave a long gap between taking each exam like i have done if you want,i sat exam 601 back in april i think,and i haven't done the second exam yet.

Certifications: A+ and MCDST 70-271
    WIP: mcdst 272
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

you can use many different test centres it doesn't matter at all you could use that centre as pearsonvue for the A+ then use it again as prometric for the N+. Pearsonvue & prometric are just a name that is applied to a place that has applied to be a verified test centre. Sort of like a place applies to be a Microsoft gold partner.

I have use gracetech that is why I recommend them your test centre will take them as you do not pay that test centre you pay pearson vue on their website so it will be taken as payment

This who you pay http://www.pearsonvue.co.uk/Pages/default.aspx not that test centre.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Just to confirm what GBL has said, the gracetech international vouchers are absolutley fine to use in the UK I booked my Essentials exam with one earlier this week!

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  4. diddlydoodily

diddlydoodily New Member

Ahh excellent, my mind is at ease now I have all my facts confirmed - thanks guys. :D

5. diddlydoodily

diddlydoodily New Member

Woohoo!, I just passed my 220-601 Essentials Exam ^_^

I got 850 out of 900 (675 needed to pass) which I'm well pleased with :D

The woman there said around 80% of the people she books into that exam fail it the first time, so i'm happy.

The first 10 questions I got really made me poop my pants as they where hard ones which I had to just make an educated guess at (I'm rubbish at networks, the only one I've ever used is the one on my home router).

Thanks for answering my questions, I probably wouldn't have got round to doing the exam without the info I easily got here.

Now I just have to study for the 220-602 IT Technician Exam and give that a go :tongue

6. greenbrucelee

Well done & good luck :)

7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Congrats! Not sure about the 80% fail rate? But well done nonetheless!

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  9. diddlydoodily

diddlydoodily New Member

Yay!
    I just passed the 220-602 exam and should now be a comptia certified IT technician :D

I found the questions a little harder (felt like I was failing when I was doing it) but I still got a good pass mark, this time I got 840/900 (almost the same score as my last exam).

So I'm well happy with that, thanks to everyone here for the advice and answering my questions ^_^.

10. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats on the pass, and the A+ Tech qualification.

11. greenbrucelee

Well done :)

12. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

Well Done on being A+ Certified!

13. HTF

HTF Byte Poster

1. I've checked the website and I found VUE inter. vouchers only so I understand that I can use it to pay for the exams on prometric website anyway. Am I right? because I'd lke to book exams with prometric not with VUE.

2. What's the pass score, how many answ. or percent I must score to pass.

Certifications: A+
  14. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

According to their website:

The questions are weighted, so it isn't a fixed amount of Q's you need to get right. Aim for 80%+ though.

15. HTF

HTF Byte Poster

Thx for reply so the questions is where I can find international vouchers to buy an exam on prometric website.

Certifications: A+