6 weeks until I go for it!

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by millsie, Dec 8, 2010.

1. millsie

millsie Byte Poster

Hello All!

Well, i've completed my 9 month OU CCNA course, and my was it tough!

But really interesting all the same and looking forward to going for it in January in about 6 weeks time! The exam!

Would love some advice from any of the CCNA qualified guys on here for the exam itself, some things to focus on etc. The main things i'm worrying about are the test simlets as in, the practical stuff where you have to troubleshoot and configure to resolve the faults.
    I think i'll be ok on the general stuff but some pointers as to what they may focus on in these sims so I can get a handle before the exam would be great.

Also, any other material you think might help me as i'm nearing the time such as practice exams or books I can do that will prepare me for exam situation.

Thanks in advance all

Steveo

Certifications: N+, CCNA, MCDST
    WIP: CCNP route 642-902
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Unfortunately, those of us who have taken the exam are prohibited from telling you what sims we saw on the exam - just as you will also have to sign the same non-disclosure agreement when you take the exam.

Anything covered by Cisco's CCNA exam objectives are fair game for the exam sims. I would recommend that you know how to do ALL of it on Cisco routers and switches.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

While I haven't done any Cisco certs, generally for any exam:

1. Keep on practicing (hands on)
    2. Get yourself some legit practice questions from, eg: preplogic, Boson, etc...
    3. Revise what you've learnt (theory)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security