3d tv

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by twizzle, Sep 9, 2007.

1. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Ok so just got back from a show involving the broadcast industry.
    One of the impressive things there was teh 30inch 3d tv by philips. When you stand in front of it the pictures realy pop out at you just liek the lenticular cards you sometimes see. And its ll done with out glasses. However when you move even slightly you do see a ghost image. I didn't get to see much of how this was done and it still in its infancy.

But beating that was another smaller company with a simliar idea, which to me looked better! Thier 3d tv was only displayed ona 10 inch screen which you had to sit at lieka pc monitor. What makes this different is that the tv is made of 2 layers that move with slightly different images on each layer. What makes it even more impressive is that, using a pc that tracks you eye movement the layers move with your vision so the images never look blurred or ghosted. This had to be seen to be believed it was that good! While it might not work for Tv or cinema (due to only being able to track 1 pair of eyes) I could see it in use with Arcade games or PCs and gaming consoles if they could make it cheap enough. Could also possibly be used for surgery where a 3d image of the operation could be viewed by the surgeon performing it. Forget glasses this is the way to go.

(oh and by the way dont get me started on HD TV! for those who just bought one, Ultra High Def is around teh corner looking even better).

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,