360 or PS3

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by asje1, Dec 17, 2007.

1. asje1

asje1 Byte Poster

Im stuck here!

Im going to play online quite alot... in terms of playing online etc

Which in your opinion is better?

Certifications: A+, N+
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I'd personally go for the PS3 not because it's better but because its free to play online with no subscriptions. Well it really is down to personal preference as in terms of games the 360 is well rounded with lots of games to choose from:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

The 360 has a bigger user base at the moment so you'll have a decent amount of competition, plus you have more games to choose from aswell and its cheaper. The 360 also has a couple of years on the PS3 so the games are actually using almost the whole ptential of the console, whereas it'll be two more years before the game developers will be able to use anywhere near the full potential of the PS3.

Appparently the 360 is easier to program for.

I myself would choose the 360, they have had the online gaming thing for a while now and PS3 have just started it.

The 360 is cheaper too.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Personnally i would stick with a PC for online games...

Mind you most o fthe guys i work with have a 360 and say thats better than the PS3 for online play.

(as and aside i got a WII for the family to play at xmas, can just see my mother and my 6 year old trying to play Boogie against each other!)

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  5. ManicMonkey

ManicMonkey Kilobyte Poster

I have a wii and a 360, i find the wii extremely annoying to game on and the fact it has no online mode is depressing.
    Mind you my misses loves it so it keeps her quiet :)

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: Exchange, Share point - MOM as well
  6. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I'd agree with twizzle, for online play, I stick to my PC.

For playing with mates, having a laugh etc, its the PS3 for me. I've got one and although I don't play it often, (because im hooked on my PC with COD4 Online), when I do its always brilliant...

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Another vote for the PC. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. Mathematix

Mathematix Megabyte Poster

Yes, PC gaming is what i do even though I work in the games industry and maybe should be supporting the 360 and PS3 more. :blink

As pointed out it's all down to personal preference, and in helping you decide maybe look at your past purchases and with old platform (XBox, PS2 or Gamecube for example) you enjoyed most. The current wave of nextgen titles are mainly updates to passed titles, with a few new additions.

Certifications: BSc(Hons) Comp Sci, BCS Award of Merit
    WIP: Not doing certs. Computer geek.
  9. newkoba

newkoba Byte Poster

i would go with the 360, and since you mentioned online gaming specifically i would whole heartedly go with the 360. it's online community is pretty damn good, not free, but it is very good.

Certifications: Security + and CEH
    WIP: CWNA and CWSP