360 GSP College

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by sensui619, Sep 18, 2013.

1. sensui619

sensui619 Bit Poster

Hi

Anyone hear heard of 360 GSP College in london?

they provide IT training and are a Microsoft certified training academy.

Just wanted to know if anyone has been through this training provider and how goo are they?

Thanks

2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

No personal experience of them. Doesn't look promising... 360 GSP College Complaints | Scambook

You don't need an Academy or college for MS certs. Buy the books, study at home. What certs were you interested in?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

Certifications: A+, Network+, 70-271 & 70-272, CCENT, VCP5-DCV and CCNA
    WIP: Citrix
    Ravi Shah likes this.
  4. sensui619

sensui619 Bit Poster

to be honest im looking more towards windows server 2008 + upgrade 2012.

and i have done comptia a+ a few years ago as online learning but did not enjoy it one bit.

im old school prefer to be in a classroom environment.

iv seen quite a few distance learning providers and all of them are the same price as what 360 classroom based training offers.

ill do some more research on google

5. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I have done both my VCP 4 and VCP 5 at 360GSP and have nothing but praise for them (both the owner Sher and the VMware instructor Dai). They have been professional and courteous in all my interactions with them and have no hesitation in recommending them for VMware training.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
    Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    Ravi Shah and Sparky like this.
  6. sensui619

sensui619 Bit Poster

thanks for the info

7. sam79

sam79 New Member

beleive me CBT is more than enough, 360gsp is wasting for money and time.
    the instructor Dai has bad accent, hardly you understand him.

8. sam79

sam79 New Member

yes, i joined them, it was a bad experience.
    there were only one tutor, he orginal Chinese, his accent wasn't understandable and his knowledge was very poor. he reads only from books.
    in the second course i shocked when my instructor was a trainer instructor, every time i ask him a question he google it.
    also i had to wait months between each course to have enough student in the class.
    i had to study alot buy myself. using CBT and leaning books at home is more better than this college,

they promise you that they will help you to find a job, but as soon as you finish the course, they start finding excuses like, the market is not good and you need to do another too courses with us to be able to find a good job

also i had to wait months between each course to have enough student in the class.

using CBT and leaning books at home is more better than this college,

9. Ravi Shah

Ravi Shah New Member

I studied with 360gsp for their job guarantee package and returned to complete the weekend CCNA and VCP course. I'm happy to say my experience has been positive and I have no hesitation in recommending them. The trainers were excellent, very knowledgeable and happy to go the extra mile. Credit to the support and recruitment team, they arranged work experience after two months whilst I was still training and secured paid employment within six months. 360gsp did exceed my expectations and provided the platform for me to start my career in IT. I have since returned to attend further training through my employer and it has been great. Always helpful, professional and a pleasant experience. I have been happy to attend a few of their open days to speak with students about my journey and have passed on details to colleagues and friends. Rav

10. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Yes Dai has an accent but at no point in any of the three classes that I have sat with him has any student asked him to repeat anything he has said because of his accent, I like and respect Dai for his skills and knowledge and wouldn't hesitate to go to a class where he is an instructor.

As a side note, Dai isn't Chinese, he's Japanese,

As far as questions are concerned, you have to remember that there is a curriculum to follow, any questions outside that curriculum could well require answers to be found via Google (they might not be required for the exam and it's important to note that you're studying for the exam, not real world skills).

Being honest with you I didn't need to attend the VCP 6 training with 360GSP, I already have my VCP certification, have a subscription to PluralSight via my VMware vExpert award and work in an environment that more than allows me time to self study for any exams (I do a lot of self study) but I personally prefer the classroom to self study and in all honesty there hasn't been a lot of difference between the training provided by QA or Global Knowledge and that provided by Dai from 360GSP, yes he has an accent, he isn't difficult to understand and actually the weekend training that 360 offer is by far the better solution for me compared to week day training offered by other providers.

Finally those who live in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  11. Nike72

Nike72 New Member

what does CBT stand for?
    I also want to study on my own with books and software at home. I cannot afford fee. The fee is far too high.

12. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Classroom Based Training.

As a side note, if you don't already have a valid VCP certification you're going to need to attend formal training at either a VATC or Academy (VATC - VMware Approved Training Centre). You can't self study and sit the VCP without it unless you already hold a valid VCP.

13. scott28tt

scott28tt Byte Poster

Have to disagree with you Simon, it's "Computer Based Training" - as in CBT Nuggets ;-)

Certifications: VCP2, VCP3, VCP4, VCP5, VCAP4-DCA, VCI, MCSE (NT-2003)
  14. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Sorry Scott, you're right, brain fart.

scott28tt likes this.