300 - The Movie

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Kraven, Mar 24, 2007.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Actually the qoute you are looking for is:

"Tonight, we dine in HELL" :biggrin classic!!!

I have yet to see it too but watching the trailers I know its a damn good film...I prefer to wait for the DVD so cant wait hehe...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

My favorite quotes are:

King Leonidas: This is where we fight! This is where they die!

King Leonidas: Give them nothing! But take from them everything!

Stelios: Then we will fight in the shade.

Persian Officer: Spartans, lay down your weapons.
    King Leonidas: Come and get them!

Persian Emissary: This is madness!
    King Leonidas: Madness? This is Sparta!

And this sentence is great:

King Leonidas: We Spartans have descended from Hercules himself. Taught never to retreat, never to surrender. Taught that death in the battlefield is the greatest glory he could achieve in his life. Spartans: the finest soldiers the world has ever known.

Kraven

Certifications: Network+, MCSA, 70-680
    WIP: A+, 70-685
  3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

good quotes there.

Theres no way im missing this in the Cinema. Its going to be good on DVD, sure, but its going to be AWESOME in the Cinema!!!!!

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  4. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Yes but when u have your own personal 5.1 surround sound system plugged into your PC...you have your own mini cinema anyway :biggrin

5. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I've got 5.1 surround on my dvd player, but i think its more the MASSIVE screen you're watching it on, and a cinema experience is so much better than home cinema.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  6. xcase

xcase Bit Poster

Very nice movie, i would suggest to go and watch it at you local cinema..

WIP: A+
  7. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

ok im sold...I will go and see it this weekend :biggrin

8. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

OK i just watched it on a very good dvd.....(shhh dont tell anyone). Okay Okay, i know i'm a little late to the party, but, hey i saw Hot fuzz last weekend so can't afford cinema again for a while!

The film was fine as far as films about ancient battles go. Some nice slow motion set fight pieces, get a real feel of action etc etc.
    The persian Xerxes harem seemed nicely decadent too and you got the impression that they were a decadent people, very vain and into thier bling.
    The Spartans where as expected, brutal, unforgiving, unrelenting and strong!

However i couldnt help shaking the feeling i was seeing bits of Gladiator, at times. The colours , music and filming style was similar and even some of the scenes felt copied. But worse than that i really, really could not help but think i was watching Shaun Connery or braveheart as a greek! The accent just killed it for me.

Go watch it for its entertainment value not a history lesson, and enjoy it for what it is one big fight movie!

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  9. Stevie

Stevie Byte Poster

I thought it was a good film, but not a fantastic film. However, the fight scenes were absolutely amazing!

WIP: A+, Network+, Security+
  10. Shepherdess

Shepherdess Bit Poster

Very good film! Closer to the Lord of the Rings than to a historical movie. I felt like I was watching God of War in the cinema :D and good proportions at last: one naked woman and 300 (almost) naked gorgeous guys :twisted:

WIP: MCSE, MCTS