1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More. Lab (Troubleshooting a VLAN Implementation Scenario 1)

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by Meiglos, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Meiglos

Meiglos New Member

This lab is for my 2nd class for CCNA: CCNA Routing and Switching: Routing and Switching Essentials

I have been at this for hours & I am still unable to get the last 10 points for this Lab in packet tracer.

Under check results the Assessment Items tab is greyed out.

I have followed the instructions for the lab & verified all connectivity.

I do in fact see one outstanding issue which I am unable to resolve:
    PC5 is connected to port F0/17. PC5 SHOULD be connected to F0/18. However disconnect & connect links are both locked, therefor I am unable to move or place a new cable from PC 5 to port F0/17 / F0/18.

Instead I configured port F0/17 as if it were port F0/18. After doing this, I now have connectivity, but no additional completion points were awarded. If I change configuration for F0/18 I will lose completion points.

I am almost certain this is the area where the problem lies.

What is the correct procedure for Packet Tracer when cabling is incorrect & you are unable to move or place new cables????

Below are a couple screenshots as well as the running-config of S2 from the lab. - 1.png - 2.png

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated!!!!
  2. BraderzTheDog

BraderzTheDog Kilobyte Poster

I think fa 0/18 has a hardcoded mac address for that port as you can see from the #show run output.

I would also run the following command to check the mode of the switchport, on fa 0/17 it looks hardcoded as an access port but fa 0/18 has no set switching mode. I believe this has been left in a dynamic desirable state, this will allow the port to become a trunk if another switch is detected on this port as a peering device.

To confirm this try running the following command...

#show run int fa 0/18 switchport

This should you the current mode and the administrative mode running on that switchport.

It may also be worth running #show vlan br
    There may be something missing in the vlan config.

Apart from those two things I can't see a problem with that config. I've not used packet tracer much before.