2U Server Chassis...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by albertc30, Feb 15, 2010.

1. albertc30

albertc30 Kilobyte Poster

Hello everybody.
    I am in the lookout for a nice 2U Server Chassis with at least 3 external or hotswap SATA HDD.
    I have done some ggogling but oh man, there are hundreds of thousands out there so I thought to come here and ask if anybody got something similir to what I want and where to get it.
    Thanks to you all for your time.
    Albert, C

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 220-701 - A+
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

HP Proliant DL380. I use these almost exclusively for all small-medium requirements. Small, but they pack a punch, are relatively cheap and have enough expandability for pretty much any workload up to medium. Got five of them running as my ESX hosts at work - they run like a dream.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. albertc30

I meant just the chassis mate. I have googled the one you mentioned and oh boy, the cheapest one I could find was just over £1.300.00 with no HDD.
    Thanks anyways for your advise.

WIP: 220-701 - A+
  4. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

From when I had my business I seem to remember I could get stuff from Spire Technology but they are trade only.

Try talking to a local computer shop to see if they deal with them. If so, you may be able to get hold of something.

HTH

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  5. TechHead.co.uk

TechHead.co.uk New Member

Hi,

Had this deal come through in an email this morning. I realise that this is a 1U rack mount server and not a 2U chassis only but thought it worth mentioning as for £450 it seemed quite reasonable for a rack mount with 2GB of memory and 2 x 1TB SATA HD's. I've used this company (ServersPlus) quite a few times before and have found them good.

LENOVO ThinkServer RS110 1U Rack Server Bundle with 2GB memory upgrade and 2 x 1TB Simple-Swap Hard-Drives.

http://www.serversplus.com/product.asp?s=SVLEN-BUNDLE2

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Simon

Certifications: VMware VCP, vExpert, MCSE, HP MASE, ASE
  6. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
    WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  7. albertc30