2nd stage interview - what to expect?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by gazberg, Sep 2, 2010.

1. gazberg

gazberg Bit Poster

Had an interview for 1st line within my current company last week. Been asked to attend 2nd stage interview tommorow.

Never had a second stage interview before, what should i expect?

In the 1st stage i had a technical test and 25 minute interview.

Regards

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Could be anything... there is no "standard" interview structure. Regardless of what they ask you, they're trying to determine whether you would be a better fit for the company than the other applicants. Every company has different criteria... they might be looking for the most knowledgeable tech, they might be looking for the most personable tech, and/or they might be looking for the least expensive tech. They might be looking for expertise in a particular skillset, or they might be looking for someone who is flexible and can handle a wide variety of tasks.

The only thing you can be sure of is this: you are good enough to make it past the first cut; otherwise, they'd not be bringing you back in. Just go in with confidence. If you are the best fit for the company and for the position, you'll be hired. If not, it's not the end of the world... just drive confidently forward toward the next opportunity.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

what he ^ said.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  4. gazberg

gazberg Bit Poster

Thanks for the advice. It was actually very straight forward and relaxed. Fingers crossed now. :)

5. orangepeeleo

orangepeeleo Nibble Poster

Good luck!

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  6. gazberg

gazberg Bit Poster

Thanks, will find out Wednesday , orangepeelo i too only have A+ and working on N+ so if you don't have anything yet keep going.

The recruiter did say he only had positive things to feedback about me to my potential new line mgr.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010