291 and subnetting

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by Rob1234, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Can anyone who has done 291 tell me if they had a lot of questions on subnetting?

Certifications: A few.
  2. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

I can't see how this information is going to help you.

You know every exam set of questions will vary from person to person yes?

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  3. Rob1234

Yes but if 10 people say they only had one or two questions then chances are there will only be a few subnetting questions.

4. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I seem to recall I had a single question on subnetting, and it wasn't particlulary hard to work out either. But mileage could vary a lot as already mentioned. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

...and every one of them would be in violation of the Non-Disclosure Agreement they signed before they took the exam.

You're not ever, ever, ever gonna be rid of subnetting. If you don't understand subnetting, go ahead and learn it well NOW, because it's never going away. You'll be tested on subnetting on exam after exam after exam, I can promise you. Might as well get it out of the way now.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

There was a few but nothing too major. I did take the exam a while back though.

As said subnetting is a skill you need to be a good network tech so its worth putting the time in now to get up to speed.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. Rob1234

Yeah I think i will learn it properly my friend passed his ccna recently and said once you learn it you dont forget it and it is so easy once you understand it so I am going to learn it right.

8. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

yep, as BM said this is breaking the NDA, and even still i don't know how it's going to help you?

Just go ahead and learn it, once you do it'll be the easiest marks you can get.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP