290 on tuesday

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by skulkerboyo, May 30, 2008.

1. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Been a bit swamped at work lately so revisions kinda been on the job but quite confident especially as my exposure to server 03 has been constant since getting my first IT job.

Got a fancy dress murder mystery dinner party for a friends birthday so I'll pick up the revision on sunday then got the monday off to cram so I'll update on Tuesday.

Had a few passes on this one recently on the forum. Hopefully I'll be joining the ranks of those that have passed soon:biggrin

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Good luck! :biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Best of luck :thumbleft

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Good luck with the exam :)

I played a murder victim at a mystery weekend once, it sucked because I had about 4 pints before I was 'killed' and it took the group nearly 40 minutes to find me and I was bustin for a pee :D

I was beginning to think someone should have killed me as I was in dire pain :cry:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

Good luck :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Good luck, I was supposed to do this exam like 6 months ago. I just never had the time to sit down and really cram for it. I should just stop procrastinating and just go for it.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  7. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Best wishes and lets know how you get on:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  8. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

Good luck to you! I'm going to take my ICND1 exam next week, but then I'm planning on my 70-290 a week or so after that. I've been putting it off since '05, so I figured since I was off of school until August I'd knock out some of those certs I've been putting off.

I wish you the best of luck!

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  9. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

I don't like to say good luck, cos it not about luck! this bug me when I was talking to friends before my exam.

So hope you make it :biggrin

10. skulkerboyo

Passed:biggrin

Got a whopping 957 nearly fell out of my chair!!!!:eek: Thought I'd completely mashed some of the sims
    I do have a habit of overkill when it comes to revision though

Been reading for this one since before I even got an IT job so it's nice to finally knock it out. Didnt find the material on the exam too hard but some of the sims were confusing. I'm lucky that I've been using server 03 nearly every day for 6 months at work but I imagine the exam would have been very difficult if i wasnt as exposed to the technology.

Materials used were MS Press books the most recent and an older one that had way more command line (the preferred method at my work place) Only ran throught the MS practice tests a few times. They kinda suck

Sybex - Very good for reinforcing the practical and excellent materials on the CD with the book

Didnt buy transcender this time

On the job

Over 9 months study!!!

Now thats out of the way I guess its on to the 291 then (if they ever release materials) the 624. Or maybe even do the network+ and combine it with my A+ as an elective.

How useful will the network+ be to me at this stage I guess is the important question.

Now for the hard bit - I've got the Three Peaks Challenge this weekend

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
  11. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Excellent pass! Well done, and best of luck with the Three Peaks. 8)

12. skulkerboyo

Cheers giddy

13. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Congrats! :biggrin

14. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats :thumbleft

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  15. skulkerboyo

Cheers guys

I know I dont contribute much to the site in terms of advice or debate especially now I'm consumed with work (more of a lurker but visit every lunch break) but really couldn't of got this far had I not found you:wub

Its been a couple of years since I stumbled on this place while studying for A+ and I'm glad I did. One of the most valuable resources I could have found.

Long live certforums:iluvcf

16. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats on the pass mate :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  17. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

Well done on the pass 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  18. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Congrats:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  19. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

8) score

20. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!