272 tomorrow

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by steve_f, Sep 19, 2007.

1. steve_f

steve_f Byte Poster

I am sitting the 272 tomorrow, wish me luck!!!

I think I have it covered, but you never know. I have been through the MS Press book, done all of the practicals and end of section questons and scenarios, and done all of the Measureup practice exams and objective reviews.

I also have the Sybex book, and have done the included exams.

I am a bit shakey in Outlook and Outlook Express, I have practiced setting up the different types of accounts, setting security options, customising the interfaces, menus and toolbars, but I have never really used these as my mail program, so I feel I only have a superficial knowledge of them. I'll be doing a bit more practical work on these today.

I'll let you know how I got on tomorrow!

Certifications: MCDST, MCSA 2003+Messaging, MCITP:SA, MCSA 2008, ITIL v3 Foundation, Comptia Server+ 2009, CCA Xenapp 6.5, VCP5-DV
    WIP: CCENT, CCNA, CCSA
  2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Best of luck Steve! 8)

3. Rafek

Rafek Kilobyte Poster

All the best

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: IPT/IPCC stuff
  4. Ossian

Ossian Bit Poster

Good Luck!

Don't get hung up on individual issues, concentrate on the whole picture.

With any questions you are not completely sure of, quickly put down a "best guess", mark for review and then get the easier ones out of the way without wasting time. Come back to the reviewed questions and adopt a strategy of "it can't be this because..." to eliminate as many wrong ones as possible, then look for what makes one answer better than others. Also, remember this is MCDST, so forget any higher level stuff you may know!

Again, all the best for tomorrow!
    Tom

Certifications: MCT, MCSE/A, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP, Sec+
    WIP: Not sure....
  5. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Best of luck for the exam mate, let us know how you get on! :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012