1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

272 - Does it inlclude Outlook Express

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by beaumontdvd, Jan 22, 2010.

1. beaumontdvd

beaumontdvd Kilobyte Poster

Hi everyone, Im doing some mock questions and a lot of them are about Outlook Express to anyones experience did there books / questions have anything to do with OE? As i've just really studied Outlook.

I didnt know what a LDAP server was?
    Or the message refresh rate was 30mins
    Or ctrl M is the shorcut for send + receive
    Or instead of using .pst they use a differnt extension

Is all the necessary?

Regards,
    Dave

Certifications: 070-271, 070-272, (MCDST)Level 1,2,3 NVQ
    WIP: 070-270, A+, N+, S+,MCDST 7 Upgrade
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

You really need to read the exam objectives before studying for an exam. See this link - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-272#tab2

In short though:-

It doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter.

I very much doubt you'll be tested on those particular aspects. Read through the link I've posted and go from there. A lot of the troubleshooting skills you require will be transferable from Outlook to Outlook Express though, so I wouldn't overly worry.

Hope this helps mate.

Qs

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
    Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Where are you getting these mock questions from? :blink

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. beaumontdvd

beaumontdvd Kilobyte Poster

Passed 272 :)
    Just scraped it with 719. So I guess im going over that unit (once again) lol

Thanks for your help everyone

Dave

Certifications: 070-271, 070-272, (MCDST)Level 1,2,3 NVQ
    WIP: 070-270, A+, N+, S+,MCDST 7 Upgrade