271 Passed today - my experience

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by DWD_DRAYTON, Dec 11, 2010.

1. DWD_DRAYTON

DWD_DRAYTON New Member

70-271 Score 883

I've been studying hard for this for about 2 months now. I studied both the Sybex Deluxe guide and the Microsoft Training Manual. I also watched all the CBT Nuggest video's several times and have done all the transcender exams at least twice. I know your policy on braindumps but thought it was worth mentioning my experience with them. I bought some cheaply from ebay. I didn't spend much time looking at these though as the questions were really badly written in poor english and the questions were generally of poor quality covering irrelevant topics. In short a complete waste of time.

I think I personally could have passed the exam (I've worked in IT for a fair old while but this was the first exam I've ever taken) using only CBT Nuggets and transcender (the questions were SCARILY SIMILAR to the actual exam questions) but I guess you could argue that would make it a paper MCP had I not gone into such depths facilitating my now comprehensive knowledge of the material covered.

Taking these exams for me is just a starting point to bigger and better things. I'm currently a second line support person so already understand the role of a desktop support person. Initially I took the exam to understand the exam process and gain a certification. Now I understand how it all works I intend to not study as hard for 272 probably just using CBT Nuggets and Transcender. Once that's out the way I'll do extensive study and practical testing on one of the server related microsoft qualifications which will hopefully put me in line for an eventual promotion or a better job elsewere.

Any questions let me know.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010