271 booked, now to study

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by twizzle, Sep 7, 2008.

1. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Well after a year of putting it off, i've finally done it! I've gone and booked the 271. I've set the date for 1st Oct, week before i'm due to start the new job.
    Now all i've got to do is study the bits i don't know (which is probably most of it) I have teh MS press book and one Exam Cram book to help.

I did try to register the 2nd chance offer but not sure if it took that correctly, there was no confirmation, but i did get to use the discount voucher from teh back of teh MS book so saved a little. Just hope if i fail teh 2nd chance did work so i can use that (though hopefully i wont need it anyway).

So who wants to help me out and study???

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  2. slimshaney

slimshaney Bit Poster

Hey Twizzle im also preping for my 271 aswell. so id love a study partner so we can talk and share notes. io took the 271 and failed so im just in the stages on prepping on my weaknesses tehn take my second shot. My Email address is : [email protected] so add me and we can help each other out . :D

WIP: MCSE,MCDST
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Good luck!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  4. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

I don't think you are able to use the Second Shot and the Discount Voucher together.

When I booked my first exam I was not able to use both. In the end I used the Second Shot, but was fortunate enought not to need it.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  5. RickUK

RickUK Nibble Poster

Hi - mind if I add you too?
    My exam is on 24 September. I have loads I don't know but I don't have much else going on in my life at the present and I am reacting quite well to the pressure - I hope!
    Regards
    Richard

WIP: 70-271
  6. RickUK

RickUK Nibble Poster

Hi Craigie

I used the MS Press discount but I definitely succeeded in registering for a second shot voucher as well. I hope they honour it. Actually, I will rephrase that. I hope I don't have to get them to honour it but if I do I hope that they will..

R

WIP: 70-271
  7. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Hi Rich,

Did you get anything to acknowledge teh MS 2nd chance voucher on prometrics site? I tried but it didnt show anything, just went back to teh registration page with my details on it. When i used teh discount voucher it went back to the same page but with teh price changed.

Where abouts in teh SW are ya? how far down? We have a few members in that area and i was born in devon too.

8. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Good luck :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  9. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Thanks Wiz,

I think my main problem areas are going to be NTFS Permissions and teh various Xp installations. As i dont really support XP now (all our systems are 2K based) i dont use Unattended or remote installations, and i dont haveto set Group or User permissions. And as i have a bad memory, if i dont do it, i dont always remeber it.
    The rest shouldnt be too bad, as i do have some experience in the rest of it.

10. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

...do you really think you wil be able to do this within 3 weeks then? Second Shot or not, you better be safe than sorry

11. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

The very best of luck with your exam and prep - let us know how it goes. :)

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  12. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

You keep forgetting twizzle is super human, well we all are, well I am in my own mind :twisted: :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009