270 test exam advice needed

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by cjd, Jan 12, 2007.

1. cjd

cjd Bit Poster

hi all,

i'm currently studying for the win xp exam. now planning spending time working on each objective, but although i'm still on the 1st one (installing) and passed the 'objective review' test for that one, the next set on the measure up called 'practice test' is so hard!? anyone got any advice about passing the 2nd test?

:eyecrazy

Certifications: HND, A+, Network+
    WIP: MCDST
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Any clues as to what the topics are and what you don't understand? :rolleyes:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. cjd

cjd Bit Poster

im working on the 1st objective 'installing wins xp', but although i'm familiar with the chapters for installing xp and passed the 1st test on measure up's cd 'objective review', the 2nd set called 'practice test' is hard to pass.

5. cjd

cjd Bit Poster

sorry forgot to mention im using the official microsoft book for win xp

6. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

CJD,

You can install XP in several ways and the exam objectives expect you to be familiar with them all !

Although the 270 exam is all about XP, it is also part of the MCSA/E path, so most of the questions refer to XP in a domain enviroment.

Good luck.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I would recommend that you only use measure up at the end of your studies and use it wisely. It is exam prep software not specifically study software - hence you should keep hitting the book (buy another if it doesn't make things clear for you) until you feel you are ready to sit the exam. Use the test prep software at this point. Otherwise you will just be remembering the answers to the questions and that is not like sitting a fresh exam with all new questions.

BBM posted a great method regarding test prep software but I am not sure which thread it was in. If I can find it I will link to it here.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. cjd

cjd Bit Poster

thanks for the advice bluerinse, didn't see it from the point before. i've actually funny enough ordered the sybex study book off the net, once i had read a bit in the local bookstore. as i realised that the book im using now is like a glorified instruction manual8)

9. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

If you spend 90 minutes studying a day, I would spend 45 on the books and 45 in the lab.

Play with XP, discover all it's utilities, configuration, recovery options, file permission user accounts etc.

Good luck

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  10. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

so you going to want to setup a RIS server... this will be one big learning experience! You will learn to install through the command line - so learn all the switches... you to use SysPrep and learn what "3rd party" tools like Norton Ghost is used to image installations.... too much learning! :biggrin

shout if you need help! 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics