270 - It don't half look like the 622

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by GiddyG, Sep 1, 2008.

1. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

There I was... studying away for the 290, when I had a seak peek at my Training Kit for the 270 (you know the feeling I'm sure - eyes glazed over and feeling need to look at something else). You could have knocked me down with a feather! It doesn't half look like the 622 I studied in order to get my MCITP.

So, I have waltzed off at a slight tangent, and I am cramming solidly in the evenings and weekends with a view to taking my 270 in mid-September. :eek:

Just in case I need it, I've also got myself a second shot voucher number... 8)

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Let us know how you get on :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. GiddyG

Will do Ken.

I'm wondering if giving myself 2 weeks to cram is enough, but we'll see. Loads of it is falling into place because of the MCDST studies and the MCTS/MCITP stuff, so it isn't too bad thus far.

I may start to panic with a couple of days to go. :D

4. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

I say go for it!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  5. GiddyG

Cheers mate.

Well, booked it locally (Newark) for 15/09 @ 11am. I did my 272 there, and they seemed very nice. The exam room is spacious, and looks out over fields, so it's peaceful. When I was last there, I was the only person in the exam room. It's a training organisation, and they don't have that many dates/times available so to get one is unusual.

The place I usually go to in Leciester (Talanton) is great, but it is a bit far for one exam.

6. GiddyG

Took it this morning. To be honest, after a less than perfect weekend, I couldn't have given a flying fig if I'd passed or failed when I drove into the exam centre car park at about 10:15am.

That said, once I sat down and signed in, I was up for it. I will say now... it was hard. Not hard as in 'I didn't know my stuff', but hard as in 'there seemed to be a heck of a lot of 50:50 options open to me'. I felt that I could remove two or more of the options quite happily, but the remaining options had me worried.

The experience of working with the product, and seeing a fair bit of the actual questions that popped up happen in real life - more than I expected to be honest (scary, considering MS isn't supposed to test their products the way you use them in real life, eh?) -helped enormously when having to make that call on the 50:50s.

As an aside, when I started the exam I had problems with the pen they normally give you. I tried wetting the nib with my tongue. The young lady who sigend me in must ahve been watching the CCTV because, almost immediately, she rushed in with a replacement pen. Good job I wasn't sticking my finger in my ear!

So, I passed. But, as usual, I thought I'd failed... again, the nice young lady said 'You thought you'd failed when you hit the button didn't you? I saw you shake your head.'

For background, I had used the MS Training Kit and the Sybex guide. Oh, and I am currently using WinServer 2003, XP (and Vista) at home, so that helped greatly.

7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  9. GiddyG

Cheers guys.

10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  11. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Well done! :)

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  12. GiddyG

Thanks buddy... now onto the 290. Started reading my Training Kit again last night. :D

13. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Congratulations and well done!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  14. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

congrats on the pass, I think its probably true for most of us that when you hit the submissions button you get that sinking feeling, even though you know all the content off by heart.

.... apart from BM and probably phoenix!!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  15. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

QFE !

16. Qs

Quad Fast Ethernet? :p

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  17. GiddyG

Quit, Fair Eunuch, actually... 8)

18. Qs

Mine was a witty Solaris comment, yours however has gone down by the wayside matey :p

I'm now royally confused, but hey! We've taken the thread off topic...

*ahem*

19. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

quoted for Emphasis

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  20. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

QFE :biggrin