23 days and counting..

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Daniel, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Daniel

Daniel Byte Poster

Well, thats it, I've booked my exam for the 22nd of December.

Now, the moaning from me!

Just some friendly advice would be nice please, this is my current study plan for the last 23 days.

In my MS Press books I have 20 Chapters, I'm now doing a Chapter a day, reading it 3 times, and making notes.

And in the last 5 or so days, go through the study guide and if theres anything there I don't understand and/or not too familiar with, then re-read it.

This sound like a good idea?

Thank you in advanced guys :D

ALSO, are you guys able to re-call step by step instructions for certain things, like If you wanted to log the System Monitor for a couple of hours or something? I've been pondering that since I started the books, I can just sit in front of a computer and do it, but some of the exam prep questions are so funny because they have just changed around a step in the process of getting your desired result.

AND ALSO, do you gets have any other tips to help me revise?

THANK YOU! :cheers

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: None, but learning SEO/SEM
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Rather than read the chapter three times why not read it once and make notes on the areas you don’t fully understand. Then consult technet for additional info in these areas, it’s a big help.

If you are worried about not remembering things step by step then one thing you can do is actually use Windows XP and document what you are struggling to remember. For example I made my own screen shots on how to use ntbackup (Windows backup) and then scribbled some notes on the print out when I was finishing off my studying.

Hope this helps mate. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Daniel

Daniel Byte Poster

Cheers Sparky!

Thank you for the feedback! :biggrin

4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

The screenshots is a pretty good idea. Honestly Daniel, I think that by actually doing the exercises will help you a great deal. In IT reading is not enough, the practice counts more.

Good Luck!!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. Daniel

Daniel Byte Poster

Agreed!

I'm currently reading through a chapter then writing down the things I might forgot, then re-writing them, then performing the exercises.

Thanks for the help guys!

6. FlashDangerpants

FlashDangerpants Byte Poster

Certifications: MCITP Exchange 2010, MCSA Svr 2012
    WIP: Exchange 2013
  7. Daniel

Daniel Byte Poster