220-801 Questions Related To Navigating Windows

Discussion in 'A+' started by LinuxMint, May 12, 2014.

1. LinuxMint

LinuxMint Bit Poster

Greetings,

I found this Practice Question on CompTIA's website for the 220-801 exam:

A supervisor has asked a technician to configure some Windows 7 PCs with some pre-established shared printers. The printers are all accessed via a wireless network. Where would a technician go in Windows 7 to add these printers?

a) %SystemDir%\Resources
    b) Enter the paths to the printers in the Registry.
    c) Start >Devices and Printers >Add a printer
    d) Start >Devices and Printers >Add a Device

My question is this:

Are there many questions on the 801 exam related to navigating to specific locations in Windows? I thought that was mostly all on the 802 exam. I'm not so familiar with navigating to various locations on Vista and 7.

Thanks!

2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

You dont really need to know Vista and 7 to work out the answer to this one, through the process of elimination you could easily remove two answers.

Which answers do you think are wrong?

After that you should have two remaining, from the two remaining answers"Where would a technician go in Windows 7 to add these printers"?

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
    LinuxMint likes this.
  3. LinuxMint

LinuxMint Bit Poster

Believe it or not, I guessed wrong. I guessed "D" because "Device" is capitalized and "printer" is not. It seemed like it must be accurate since it is capitalized. Silly error, I know.

When I do quiz questions I tend to rush through without cautious deduction, often quite unlike the process of careful elimination you describe above. Hopefully, when I write the real exams I will take the time to read the questions carefully and focus on eliminating wrong answers rather than looking to pick the right one.

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  4. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Also you will find that with the way exam questions are written its extremely important to read things carefully as if not you might comprehend what is being asked incorrectly. They are written in a way that sometimes can be misunderstood if you just skim over them.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  5. LinuxMint

LinuxMint Bit Poster

Thanks for quality the advice!