220-602 Pass mark?

Discussion in 'A+' started by L1ONE, Jul 20, 2009.

1. L1ONE

L1ONE Bit Poster

Ok, I know that the A+ marking system isn't a straight forward one, but i recently passed my 601 exam with 839/900 and after lots of reading on this forum, I've gathered that you have to get about 70% to pass.

Now the 602 has 90 questions and the pass-mark is 700? so what would you say the percentage pass mark is roughly?

I'm no good at math's lol:twisted:

Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCDST, MCP
    WIP: N+ maybe.
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

70%? :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. L1ONE

L1ONE Bit Poster

±±

ok, maybe it was a silly question :blush: lol.

I've got one of those mock exam simulator thingys and was just wondering what score i should be hitting before attempting the 602. I haven't even opened it yet so I don't know what the questions are like, but it worked for the 601.

Is the 602 very similar? And if i passed the 601 with an 839, do you think i will have no problems with the 602?

4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Difficult to say mate, I did the A+ a while ago now but Im sure someone will be along shortly to help you out. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I would say if your getting 80% and over then you will be ok. I found the 220-602 mych easier than the 220-601 I actually aced it but it depends on your knowledge etc.

good luck

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Knowing this, how would there be a percentage score that would enable you to pass? :blink You could have partial credit, weighted questions, unscored questions... so shooting for a "minimum passing score" is a recipe for failure.

Assuming all questions are scored uniformly (and there's no indication that this happens), here's the math that you could use to figure out a percentage score...

100-900 is basically an 800-point range with a free 100 points. If the passing score is 700, that's three-fourths of the way up the range:

100 = 0%
    300 = 25%
    500 = 50%
    700 = 75%
    900 = 100%

But again, there's no indication that answering 75% of the questions correctly would get you a pass. Consider your scenario: you scored an 839 on a 100-question test, meaning you got 739 points out of a possible 800 plus a free 100 points. If each question were scored equally, you'd get 8 points per question (800 total points available + the free 100). But 8 doesn't divide into 739 equally... you'd have to get 92.375 questions right if all questions were scored equally; getting 92 right would score you an 836 (736 + the freebie 100) and getting 93 right would score you an 844 (744 + the freebie 100). Therefore, all questions are not scored equally, and thus you cannot accurately determine the percentage of questions you need to answer correctly to pass to pass.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. L1ONE

L1ONE Bit Poster

arr I'd assumed as much.

I only asked because the exam simulations im using (Exam Worx) just go by a percentage based score, so I wanted to know what i should be aiming for, I guess instead i should just aim to get everything correct, and to actually know the solutions to the questions not just the answers in the simulation.

When i done my 601 i was getting roughly 90%+ on the examwork simulation tests out of the 600 questions they provided. It definetly helped as i went to do the 601 and finished in 15 minutes. I just wanted to use the same logic for the 602 :D.

Thanks for your help anyway. I guess i'll aim for the sky.

8. greenbrucelee

Please do not use examworx it is a braindump and using such sites can get you decertified for life. That means you can be stripped of any certs you have and banned from taking any again and you could face legal action or worse

Always use http://www.certguard.com/search.asp to check wether a site you are using is legit.:D

9. L1ONE

L1ONE Bit Poster

Woah! thanks for the information.

I was given that by my college tutor Lol!

Guess i'll stop using it as I value my qualifications.

Its not too much of a worry anyway as i've got Testout CD's.

10. greenbrucelee

you want to tell you tutor about it too as he may not know, if someone reported him to compTIA or Microsoft he could lose his job.

11. tysfoot

tysfoot Byte Poster

Well i never knew that, i have also been looking for quality practice exams and came across this site, lucky so far ive only saved it to my favourite bookmarks and not downloaded there material. what is so bad about examworx anyway, are there exams questions incorrect or something ?. I have just bought a practice exam from gracetech so i think i will stick to what i know is good quality

Certifications: A+
    WIP: MCDST, N+
  12. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Braindumps come in two different flavours: illegal use of actual exam questiojns, and illegal use of copyrighted exam prep material.
    Either way, they can get you decertified. That's what's so bad.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job