210 Vs 270

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by AndyJPA, Feb 6, 2006.

1. AndyJPA

AndyJPA Guest

I have been studying for the 70-210 win 2000 exam but as i have run out of time with my course provider they are dropping me

I wonder if i could move onto 70-270 as i have been using XP as my OS for a few years now, and seem to find my way around it very easily, even though the two seem fairly simmilar.

What initially was set up as my Course Structure was 210, 290, then the 2003 server exams etc, is 270, 290 then the 2003 server exams a choice MS would allow for the MCSE track.

And has anyone done bouth exams and found one easier that the other, i guess not but thought i might as well as that as well

cheers

Andy

2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

If I were you I would go back to square one and study for 70-270.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I don't know how the 210 & 270 compare in terms of difficulty, but you will certainly find a fair bit of common ground between the two platforms.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

The 210 exam is certainly a lot easier than the 270 exam, or at least it was.

When I took my 210 exam the passing score was 510, whereas the 270 one is 700. I'm not sure if they have changed that now though?

I'd recommend that you start from scratch on 270. You may find that a lot of the topics you learnt for 210 are simillar, but may be in more depth.

8)

5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

270 is still a pretty old exam so there's a fair bit of common ground between the two. Anything you have learned for 210 won't be wasted and you can just build on it a bit.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  6. AndyJPA

AndyJPA Guest

ahhh thanks for the replies, i have decided to crack on with 270

cheers

Andy