2009 Graduates

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by fatp, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

Lol no!

Also graduates can join nice schemes called graduate schemes and get into a well paying, well laid out scheme for the future. Alot of companies gain a hell a lot of staff in their ranks over the years from these. (mainly biggens)

Most of the people work start str8 after school start on rubbish jobs doing help desk. Sooner or later a degree might be required when you get to higher ranks unless you are just gonna be a techy.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
  2. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

Hahah you are an idiot. You really are.

Your 'argument' is utter bllx in every respect. The year I had in the 'real world' was like any job Ive had. Didn't really make difference what so ever that I was a student and was after also. In fact my manager in current job is doing a degree whilst working. Does that mean what hes in is not real world experiance?

Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
  3. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

I'd advise reading the whole topic before you comment, particularly post #25. It's a debate, so I'm posting my opinion; that doesn't mean that you need to be offensive.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  4. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

I did read it ;)

5. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

IMO Placement is real world experience, although it has to be relevant experience, and also it is an advantage if you are at a good company.

say for example 3 Months placement isnt really much, and we all know in IT that time does fly and settling in takes up a chunk and also getting to know the systems, and also the responsibilities will likely be menial so I dont think you can expect knowledgeable employers to be jumping over each other at that level of experience, but having said that 3 months is better than nothing, so I think really its down to how you market that three months, hopefully you gained some achievements while there to make it look like the time was worthwhile for all involved, and also be prepared to be asked why they havent asked you back.

I personally would prefer to be starting university now than leaving, as with the current jobs market hopefully it will be a lot stronger in 3-4 years time, but there is plenty of call centre work, but mostly id recommend going with initiative contacting companies directly and networking to try and secure a role, even if its on a pittance of a wage to start with youll be building up the all valuable experience and then you can move up the ladder (quickly if you prove to be a good employee).

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  6. Pheonicks56

Pheonicks56 Kilobyte Poster

Jiser there is no need to be rude and personally attack others, state your opinion however you like, but leave the trash talk at home please.

Certifications: BSIT, AAIT, A+
    WIP: Network+
  7. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

How is i*io* being rude? He personally insulted me and others through the terms used in his posts.

Nothing to do with you Phoen either, are you a mod?

8. Metalstar

Metalstar Kilobyte Poster

If you don't think calling someone an idiot is rude then I'd hate to hear what is.

You are posting on a public forum, what you post is everyone's business.

Just try to form your arguments using methods other than calling someone an idiot, I think most people here stick to that rule without having to be told by mods.

Certifications: A+
  9. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

Are you my mother? Are you a mod? No. A mod has already informed me of my wrong doing, which as one may see a yellow blob does sit!

I was also forming my own opinion of the chap who posted his opinion, which was frankly silly =D

10. Metalstar

Metalstar Kilobyte Poster

Good news then.

Like I said, most people don't need to be told by mods. Since you mentioned that they have already had a word, all is well.

Have a nice day

Certifications: A+
  11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

First, we don't see any yellow blob - you're likely the only one who sees it.

Second, if a mod informed you of your wrongdoing, why are you continuing to launch personal attacks, this time by calling someone a chump?!?

You can get your point across without the name calling. Although I'm not a mod here, I know what they look for... and if you don't want another yellow mark, red mark, or worse, I'd suggest you follow my advice.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

Woop!

13. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

A friend of mine went for an industrial placement with my current company during her degree (in year 3), after completing her degree at the end of year 4 they offered her a place on their graduate recruitment scheme.

Doesn't really say much when you see how my company works though!!

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293