1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009 Exams

Discussion in 'A+' started by Gav, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Hi,

I was originally going to attempt the A+ last year, but due to various reasons, I never did. I remember there being some mention of both the A+ and N+ exams being revised this year.

Any up to date info on when they'll be arriving? Also, is it worth waiting for the revised A+? I imagine by the time I do A+ the revised N+ will be out anyway...

Thanks,

Gav

2. billo2310

billo2310 New Member

I think your easiest option is to check out the Comptia website all relevant info can be found there.
    :)

WIP: studying towards A+ (601 + 602)
  3. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Well I can see that the Network+ 2009 exam is available, but I can't see anything about A+. There's no real reason why I can't do Network+ then A+, it's just it seems more logical to do it the other way around.

4. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

The only info that I know of is what I posted here. Is it worth waiting... It depends on you, Comptia certs don't expire so it really doesn't matter which version of the A+ you earn.

That's right there is no real reason why you can't do the Network+ then the A+. Just remember that the network+ does build upon what the A+ starts and that the Network+ is harder. But it really is up to you in which order you take the exams :)

-ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  5. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

I would take the A+ and then the N+, the extra knowledge gained will help.
    If you think you can finish the A+ in time, take the 2006 version now. After that take the new N+ exam.