1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2004 cirriculum

Discussion in 'A+' started by kr1s77, Jan 29, 2009.

1. kr1s77

kr1s77 Bit Poster

hi all, please bear with me on this :rolleyes:.

in 2004 i got work to pay for A+ from ICS, i didn't get chance to even start it because of my dad's illness took over everything. since then i have moved home and today i was sorting out a cupboard and then it. My question is, can i still use this, then go for the exam?

The books i have are:
    Lab manual - for A+ guide to managing & maintaining your PC 5th Edition comprehesive.
    Enhanced - for A+ guide to managing & maintaining your PC 5th Edition maps to compTIA's 2003 A+ exams.
    A+ coursePrep ExamGuide 2003 core Exam & OS Exam 2nd edition
    flash cards.
    pc troublshooting pocket guide, for managing & maintaining your pc 4th edition.
    A+ computer-based training for managing & maintaining your pc 3rd edition (cd-rom)
    Certifications: Access to IT
  2. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Me personally I would buy the updated A+ material, Comptia did a major overhaul of the A+ when it introduced the 2006 version as it not only updated the hardware/software but also spilt the A+ into different job groups.

While there may be some overlap between the 2003 version and the 2006 version, will that be enough to pass...

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  3. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I would second this advice.
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. kr1s77

kr1s77 Bit Poster

thanks gents
    Certifications: Access to IT