1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 weeks to exams and still crap

Discussion in 'A+' started by Mariusz, May 12, 2010.

  1. Mariusz

    Mariusz Byte Poster

    192
    4
    20
    Hi

    I red M. Meyers' book twice, did lots of tests, and still have scores around 70%, I have exams in 2 weeks, I seem to know the book, but when I do tests I seem to be surprised by some questions, where each reply is similar to other
    any suggestions on how to prepare well in last 2 weeks, what to look at?
    If I will be still crap before exams I will have to change the date
     
    Certifications: ECDL Extra, ITQ Lvl2, CompTIA A+, N+, S+
    WIP: MCTS 70-680 Win7
  2. albertc30

    albertc30 Kilobyte Poster

    423
    1
    37
    If you are only getting about 70% my guess is that the other 30% is your weak spot.
    Tackle those week subjects to which you are losing those 30%.
    I am pretty sure that if you are taking electronic exams, the software will break it down to you as to what areas have you failed.
    Focus on them and revise them.
    Hope it helps and good luck.
     
    Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 220-701 - A+
  3. Mariusz

    Mariusz Byte Poster

    192
    4
    20
    well the point is that each test shows my weakness in different areas :-)
    I'll do what I can to pass it, I'll start watching professor messer
     
    Certifications: ECDL Extra, ITQ Lvl2, CompTIA A+, N+, S+
    WIP: MCTS 70-680 Win7
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

    greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

    14,283
    254
    329
    Take your time, think logically and remember the answers are not always what really would happen in the real world but what compTIA think is the best answer.

    Have a search for the fire extinguisher thread that we had a few weeks back were in reality the answer was B and D but there could only be one choice so B would be the correct one.
     
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. JonnyMX

    JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

    5,239
    211
    236
    Generally I'd suggest not booking an exam until you know you're ready, rather than booking it and trying to prepare in time.

    They're not cheap!
     
    Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  6. Mariusz

    Mariusz Byte Poster

    192
    4
    20
    I booked an exam as I thought it will force me to prepare faster, if I will feel I'm not ready, I will just move the exam on another date
     
    Certifications: ECDL Extra, ITQ Lvl2, CompTIA A+, N+, S+
    WIP: MCTS 70-680 Win7
  7. Josiahb

    Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

    1,336
    40
    97
    I don't know about anyone else but I found I did a lot worse on the practice tests than the real thing :p

    two weeks is actually quite a long time in revision land, exploring other learning techniques might help you nail down those weaknesses and turn them into strengths. The Proffesor Messer videos are a good choice!
     
    Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  8. Mariusz

    Mariusz Byte Poster

    192
    4
    20
    what do you mean by much worse? how many percent?
     
    Certifications: ECDL Extra, ITQ Lvl2, CompTIA A+, N+, S+
    WIP: MCTS 70-680 Win7
  9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

    greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

    14,283
    254
    329
    there is no percent, I used proprofs a 3 main practice exam providers Preplogic, Transcender and Boson aswell as the disk in the Myeres book which had a few exams in but they were not the full thing.

    Boson was by far the best although I already had the A+ by then I was just reviewing it. The exam was presented in such a way that it was like the real thing were as preplogic and transcender were not.

    Transcender also had spelling issues and preplogic was just okayish.

    You may find that you do better in the real thing, the key is not too worry alot and not to over study, doing the same exams over and over does not help either because sunconciously you are actually remembering the questions and answers.
     
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  10. dino66uk

    dino66uk Nibble Poster

    68
    1
    20
    What greenbrucelee said is absolutley spot on, I was getting 70-75% on boson exam simulator which was very good IMO. Just stay focused and concentrate on your weak areas.
     
    Last edited: May 14, 2010
    Certifications: A+ CCENT
    WIP: ICND 2

Share This Page

Loading...