2 interviews tomorrow, panicking!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by exonje, Nov 2, 2011.

1. exonje

exonje Byte Poster

ahhhIi was going to use tonight to revise for one, just had a phone call for another company first thing in the morning, stressed isn't the word!!! :eek:

2. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

That's great news! Don't be stressed, chill out and go over potential questions. Remember to look into the company and be prepared to ask questions.

It will be fine 8)

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  3. exonje

exonje Byte Poster

kinda stressed because they both want server experience which i have none of, i have however just built a machine specifically to run server software and going to have a play the weekend with active directory and exchange. i'm stressing over this! will just say that i have none, but i am working on it by building my own server, and any other software/technologies you want me to learn i will in my own time and at my own cost. is that a good answer??

4. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Don't be stressed. If they have asked you to come for an interview, and you didn't lie on your CV, then they know you don't have server experience and won't be expecting you to have it. But would be good to fit in at some point how you intend studying this by using yoru own machine to set up a lab.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  5. exonje

exonje Byte Poster

There's no lying on my CV or anything about server experience, but I have worked as a comp technician in a local computer shop for 7years so perhaps they would assume I have this?

6. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

nope, most small shops wouldn't have any reason to have a server or domain.

Make sure you know what a domain is, why we have it.

Don't say, 'I'm making a server', but rather, you will be installing Server 2003/2008 (delete as appropriate) to learn about AD and other related tools.

Most first line roles don't require a lot of server experience. Exchange/AD pretty much 'right click and do action' or run the wizard.

Stay calm, focus on the customer aspect/communication as well as your fantastic troubleshooting skills 8)

Once again, good luck and Let us know how it goes.

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  7. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Best of luck with both interviews. Stay calm, don't waffle, if you don't know the answer to a question, admit that you don't... however, 'Google is your friend'. Let them know that, when you don't know something, you research it.

8. loca1hero

loca1hero Byte Poster

Hope it all goes well for you and be open about your experience and try to convince them that you are very keen on learning. Best of luck for the interviews.

Certifications: Network+ (004), MCP, see signature
    WIP: MCITP & few oths.Cisco aft sum XPri