2 70-290 questions

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by hippy, Sep 11, 2008.

1. hippy

hippy Kilobyte Poster

1. I had a look on the microsoft website but could not see it. Is the exam based on WSUS v2?

2. Cheeky vm question :P.

Vm workstation environment

server01 - - - - - - - server02 (wsus) --------- (NAT/BRIDGE for wsus updates)

How would i set up the above ^ so that my wsus server is both on lan segment 1 and also able to access the internet through my physical adapter?

2. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Hi Hippy,

The MS Book R2 refers mainly to WSUS, however they state that you should be familar to SUS.

I have installed and deployed WSUS v3.50 across my Domain, using both the approval, denial facility and also rollled out SP3 to my XP Clients.

Not sure exactly what you mean. Have you installed a second Server 2003 and wish to use this as a standalone WSUS Server?

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  3. hippy

hippy Kilobyte Poster

Thanks for the reply,

Currently at work i use wsus v3 to deploy updates etc... I was just wondering which version of wsus the 70-290 is more attuned too?

As for the second question i dont know if the wsus server can be member of the lan segment 1 and also can talk to internet through my physical adapter? Or if i can have 1 virtual network card associated to lan segment 1 and another one added as set for NAT? Would this screw anything up? I have never set up two network cards to do two different things before (virtual or physical)

4. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Not sure Hippy, my experience on VM Ware is limited as I use MS Virtual PC.

I have not setup two network cards to achieve difference purposes, so afraid I cannot help there.

My advice would be, create an image and give it a whirl, I'm sure you will learn something :)

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5