1way

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by jwdk19, Jun 16, 2010.

1. jwdk19

jwdk19 New Member

Hello everyone:)

I have been lurking around these forums for about a month now and I think I should introduce myself.

I am a Christian first and foremost, all glory to Jesus Christ.

I have been working in the IT field for approx. 6 years now. 4 of those years were spent in the US Navy (so in addition to being an IT worker I was...a fireman, janitorial custodian, Security guard...so on and so forth:tongue) My last 2 years or so I have been working as a Computer Tech. on an Enterprise network of approx. 12000+ workstations, servers.... ect.

I currently hold A+ IT Tech (2007 objectives) and Net+ 2009 objectives.

I will be taking the 70-680 Win7 Configuring June 15 (Lord willing) after the 70-680 I plan to prepare and take the Security+ exam hopefully by October.

Hopefully I haven't bored anyone!

Thank You guys and may Jesus Bless You all!

Certifications: COMPTIA A+ IT TECHNICIAN, COMPTIA NETWORK+, COMPTIA SECURITY+, MCTS 70-680 (Windows 7, Configuring) , MCITP: ENTERPRISE DESKTOP SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (70-685)
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome, my brother, and thank you for your service to our Lord and our country. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Welcome, I'm sure you will find much here to benefit you, and I hope you find places on the forums where your experience can benefit others.

Wo bu zaihu! I dont care. Good for you, but not relevant to the purpose of this forum. You can follow the marmoset god for all I care.

Since we're bandying blessings around, may Hecate guide you.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
    Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  5. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums mate

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  6. BosonMichael

I love ya, Fergal, but for someone who whines and complains about people being rude on this forum - to the point of nearly driving you off - it's pretty hypocritical of you to attack someone simply because they state their belief in Jesus Christ. This is HIS introduction thread, and he is saying what is important to HIM. So his comment is entirely relevant to the point of this forum.

You know as well as I do that this is uncalled for.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  7. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

Welcome to the forum.

Nobody loves Jebus more than me.:thumbleft

Certifications: CCNP, CCSI, MCSE W2k/W2k3, MCITP_SA
    WIP: Taking it easy for a while.
  8. Fergal1982

Perhaps you are right, however it is infact the case the religious standpoint isnt relevant to the purpose of this forum. And, whilst I am more than happy for people to believe what they like, I'm just sick of hearing it. That said, it wasnt an attempt to belittle his choice, just point out that it makes no difference to his knowledge or ability to contribute/make use of the forum.

Not really. a little sarcastic perhaps, but if he wishes his god to bless me, should I not also be entitled to wish that my gods also bless him?

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
  9. BosonMichael

Doesn't matter... it's his introduction thread.

Then click the little ! at the top of his post. Or ignore it. Or do what you've been threatening to do and take off.

I had your back until you decided to be as rude to new users as those you condemn.

I don't care if he says that he likes to dance around his house in pink spandex in his spare time... it's HIS introduction thread. Do you not get that?

Sure, if you want... but you and I both know the purpose of your comment. And it's still quite rude to do so in HIS introduction thread. If you don't like what he says, just ignore it!!

10. Fergal1982

Fair point. Perhaps the antics of a few other members of this forum have actually rubbed off on me. To that, I apologise to jwdk19.

Good suggestion. will do.

11. BosonMichael

Props, Fergal. That was the right thing to do. :)

12. jwdk19

jwdk19 New Member

Apology accepted Fergal:)

Thank You all for the welcome!

I intended to mention this in the introduction post but I will mention it now (see below)

Thanks to all of you for your post. It has been very very helpful to look through the different threads for various test prep/experience resources.

I am happy to be aboard and look forward to all suggestions and advice. I have learned 1 thing over years and that is....the more I learn the more I realize that I didn't know before. If, when I learn something new, I realize how much I didn't know before, does that mean that what I think I know at the present time really even much at all compared to all there is to know?
    With that being said I think I can sum it all up in this one statement, " I know, with confidence, that I know knowing. :biggrin

LOL hopefully that gets a few laughs and thoughts

Later guys and gals

Certifications: COMPTIA A+ IT TECHNICIAN, COMPTIA NETWORK+, COMPTIA SECURITY+, MCTS 70-680 (Windows 7, Configuring) , MCITP: ENTERPRISE DESKTOP SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (70-685)