1st Line Technical Support - PIPEX

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by ITMatt, Mar 19, 2008.

1. ITMatt

ITMatt Bit Poster

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is allowed, and I am sure that if it is not, it will soon be closed/removed.

An heads up for those looking for their first step in to the IT world, PIPEX are advertising for a 1st Line Technical Support Agent at their Stockley Park, Heathrow office.

You can find more information about the role, including how to apply at: http://careers.pipexgroup.com/jobs/.../2008_02_29/1st_line_technical_support_agent/

Good luck to anyone who applies.

Matt

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, N+
    WIP: MCP
  2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Cheers for the link Mat:thumbleft

They even give you a free eye test every year! Classic!:biggrin

Job Summary
    37.5 hr week
    25 days holiday p.a.
    Pension and Life Ins.
    Annual eye test
    Date Posted: 2008_02_29

Closing Date: 2008_03_31

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

I would run a mile away from that pipex have been going down the pan most of there best engineer left in the Tiscali take over.

4. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

The other benefits can't be that great if they make a point of something that is (as far as I know) mandatory under UK law if you work in front of a computer screen for a certain number of hours per week.

edit: Old document, but it shows some employee rights in regard to working with computers (including the free eye test bit in the Regulation 5 section).

http://www.lhc.org.uk/members/pubs/factsht/54fact.htm

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  5. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

Ive had nothing but trouble since switching to pipex. Staff are badly trained, don't know what there talking about, don't get back to you, waiting times are rubbish, connection allways dropping, speed way below what I should be getting, also I gave their 1st line support guys alot of telling off to say the least - they must get it all the time. This is broadband support though...

Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
  6. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I wasn't going to say it, but I have had quite the worst customer services (or the apalling lack of I should say) experience ever with Pixex when I used to be a customer. If they were offering me free 100MB broadband for life I still wouldn't ever go near them again.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
  7. ITMatt

ITMatt Bit Poster

This is really for those finding it difficult obtaining there first step on the IT ladder, not what type of customer service you've experienced with them. It's spouted so many times on here that any experience within IT is better than nothing, and will go along way in helping you secure better roles in the future.

Here is a chance for someone to do just that.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, N+
    WIP: MCP
  8. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I can fully relate to the above as I too was a customer and wouldn't go with them even if they're very cheap in price. The customer service was very bad and appalling in every aspect.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  9. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Maybe if they get some good guys from this place working for them, things will improve. You never know. :) I wasn't trying to 'put down' your offer Matt, the word Pipex can bring out the worst in me. :)