1st Line / Technical Support Analyst Jobs

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by rax, Nov 20, 2007.

1. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

Just a quick one.

I have recently started my new job and the company is a pretty major one, I'll not dish out the name as I don't want to get in any trouble. I'm part of a new team which has been put together for a new client that we have obtained and there's around 9 of us, with another 15 or so that were employed earlier and are currently training.

In the small group there's one person with a HND in computing and the rest, including myself, have no I.T. qualifications/certifications at all. Most of the group have come from jobs where they've been working on the phones, call centers that is, in places like SKY and BT (this excludes me).

I just wanted to point this out for anybody who's thinking about looking to get a job in I.T. before/during their studies because it's very do-able. The job was advertised asking for experience in various different things like call logging, Outlook, Windows XP, Desktop applications etc.

I had only a few of these and still landed the job, as did others so try, try and try again because eventually there will be a job for you!

Dave

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Good advice Dave :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?