1st IT interview tomorrow

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Cookies81, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Cookies81

Cookies81 Bit Poster

hey peeps

Got an interview for an IT position tomorrow, now i've had plenty of interviews in the past for general run of the mill jobs.

I got plenty of customer service and phone experience and a little (9months) technical support experience.

Is there any thing in an IT interview that you would not normally get in a typical interview?

just want to be prepared and nail it.

Certifications: None
    WIP: Comptia A+ and Network+
  2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I'm afraid not really, just look at the companies website and take in as much info as possible (what it does, turnover) that sort of thing. Also I guess questions that have a habbit of popping up would be whats your greatest achivement, how have you handled a grumpy customer, whats your worst personal trait (try and think of something that you can turn into a positive at the end).

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. Cookies81

Cookies81 Bit Poster

thanks for that

basic interview techniques im good with and i generally interview well. I know all my strengths and weeknesses, and read up on the company (looks like a good job, pay good, good benefits, plus they're a MS and CISCO gold partner so have the chance to further my certs).

just felt that i would be asked something im not used to

Certifications: None
    WIP: Comptia A+ and Network+
  4. Darkfunnyguy

Darkfunnyguy Byte Poster

THey will probably ask scenario questions so answer not just how to solve problem, what to do next but how will go about communicating with the customers.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: Server+, Vista,
  5. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

Best of luck mate :thumbleft

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680
  6. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

good luck mate!

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation