1st Day in new job!!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by sas, Nov 15, 2004.

1. herby247

herby247 New Member

Hi guys Herby here, just thought i d let you know i got offered the job for aol tech support, they will write to me with a start date as the building is still being re-wired just now.
    Still not settled on taking the job because of the 4pm-midnight shift,the other shift is 8am-4pm which iam fine with but i am not saying no just yet.
    Will call them and see if the hours are set in stone.
    This is the 1st job interview i have been for in 11 years so its gave me a MAJOR confidence boost in been successful for the job.
    Thanks for the good luck wishes guys, cheers again.
    Herby.

2. sas

sas Bit Poster

thats good m8....once your in the door m8 you might be able to get better shifts...i got offered the job for 5pm to 10pm shifts then when i started it changed to flexible starts between 9 and 2...wot location you working at m8 as i'm in airdrie but know they also have erskin and stirling.

Anyway good luck m8 and welcome to the team if you take it. :D :D :D :D :D

WIP: Studying for A+
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Well done Herby - looks like you got your break at last :clap

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

Well done mate, great to hear!

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  5. herby247

herby247 New Member

SAS i am at the erskine branch, it s local to where i live, it was the old AA building, so it s still getting re-wired.
    Once this is complete they will contact me to offer me a start date and a contract.
    So you reckon theres a good chance the hours will be flexible once in the job??
    P.s i ve got a holiday booked for the 17th july for 2 weeks, i told them about this at the interview, you reckon they will be cool about honouring this break??
    Cheers again for the feedback guys.
    Herby.

6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

If you told them about the holiday and they still made you an offer, they will probably cut you some slack. Wouldn't hurt to remind them of that tho, when you accept the position (assuming you do, of course).

I do think you will have a better chance of getting the hours you want after you accept and have worked there for awhile. Once they know you, like you, and see you are a good worker, they will be more likely to bend a bit for you.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. Richdog

Richdog Bit Poster

Ohh mate I used to be on BT Faults 151 helpdesk, it w3as a living nightmare, lol, I went to work pissed off and came home pissed off. A day of ignorant people hurling abuse at you for the c0ck-ups of the even worse engineers kinda wore you down a bit. :cry:

What section do you work in?

Oh and by the way Sas congrats on the job and I wish you well in the future. :D

Certifications: None as yet...
    WIP: A+/MCSA
  8. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

err, July? as far as I'm aware you well entitled to holiday time under UK legislation, and especially that far in advance, i usually dont even mention it to them unless its in the first 2 months of my employment

companys generally offer you certain ammount of days holiday aquired for every month worked, adding up to your total annual allowance, they dont often mind if you take more than you have earned, on the basis that they will dock your final pay packet if you quit before earning enough days to cover your holiiday
    works a bit different in part time jobs, as I think you dont get holiday allowance, but are still entitled to unpaid vacation without fear of getting the sack

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  9. sas

sas Bit Poster

they will definately honour the holiday m8....a guy i work with has been planning one since last year for a trip to australia for a 6 weeks and they honoured his so don't c why they wont yours.

Anyway nice one m8...if i learn to drive might move to erskin branch myself as its closer but only by car.

:D :D :D

WIP: Studying for A+
  10. herby247

herby247 New Member

Sweet SAS, would be small world if you do end up there lol, anyways, i am still waiting for becogent to write to me with my start date, and terms of employment.
    Looking forward to starting now.
    Will let you know how it go s guys.
    Herb.

11. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Well done herby and good luck with the new job mate. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  12. law123

law123 Byte Poster

:daz Hello SAS well done in new job :beers2 . I have a couple of questions to ask is there any overtime, or can you work part time. The resaon for asking at the moment my present job is paying the bills Etc but if I were to take on a job like that I would be doing it for the experiance as the wages are low and I would need lots of over time or being able to work part time so I can work full time in present job. :juggle

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+
  13. Pablo1888

Pablo1888 Byte Poster

Alright law,

If you go to Becogent's website here. You should be able to find some part-time jobs available, mainly in Airdrie I think, as that is what I am considering at the moment.

Certifications: MOUS Master, MCP 70-210, A+
    WIP: CCNA