072 Exams

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Mr_Cellophane, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Mr_Cellophane

Mr_Cellophane Nibble Poster

I am looking at the current MS exam offer of large discount and second shot for "Academic" exams.
    I am up to 070-291 next.
    Is this the same as 072-291 ?
    If my other passes were 070-xxx can I include them towards my MCSE ?
    I read the T&C that it doesn't matter what I am studying or for how long each week. I am obviously not doing anything at present due to the holidays, but I still have my Student id from 2009/10 and can not have get one for 2010/11 until September (when the offer will have ended).
    Has any one taken this offer ?
    Will the test centre just look at my ID and take that as OK ?

It is too good an offer to miss and is just the incentive I need to get this thing out of the way.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDST, MCNE, PRINCE 2 and ITIL
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  2. Rosco316

Rosco316 New Member

I sat the 72 exams when I was at the MS IT academy. They are identical to the normal 70 exams in every way. The difference is that they have been be booked via either MS IT Academy or other prometric authorised training institution such as a college, university or TP and they will insist on providing proof of your status if your not an existing student with them. You should not book them online our you could risk your exam being cancelled and forfeiting the fee. If you can convince them to book you using old ID then fair play to you. You'll save yourself a heck of a lot and get a 2nd shot voucher.

Good Luck!

Certifications: CompTIA A+,MCDST,MCSA, MCTS:Win7, 2008
    WIP: Exchange 2010