70-646 - Failed

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by BigG, Mar 22, 2013.

1. BigG

BigG Nibble Poster

After 5 months of hard work, I missed the mark by a paltry 21marks (total score 679) :cry:. I'm gutted. I'd feel better if I scored 200!!

I did have to comment on one of the "testlets" as I'm certain that 50% of the information need to answer the question was not there. When it asks you to set configurations based on certain criteria, you expect that criteria section to exist (each other testlet had 4 info sections this one had two!!). Lets see if MS reply to me (don't hold out much hope.

Still, that doesn't explain the other 30% I got wrong....

I think I read too much and didn't get hands on enough for this one. Back to the lab....

Bugger. Was hoping to get my server MSA today.

G

Certifications: BSc, Prince2 Practitioner, MCSA Win7, MCSA 2008
    WIP: Vmware, ITILv3 on the back burner
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Unlucky mate - hope all goes well next time. :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. BigG

BigG Nibble Poster

Cheers Dude

I've also identified a question I got wrong, and I changed it at the last minute. Was that the one that tipped the balance...

Still, at least work pay for the exams :)

G

4. Rotage

Rotage Bit Poster

Sorry to hear that, I failed the 70-646 earlier this year but did manage to pass it on the retake. Good luck for when you retake it

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA 2008
  5. BigG

BigG Nibble Poster

Cheers Rotage - i'm retaking it soon (hopefully)

6. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Never good to fail but we've all done it. You often come back stronger than ever after a fail, I know I did. Don't let this dishearten you, hit the books, go back over the exam requirements

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
    Rotage likes this.
  7. Rotage

Rotage Bit Poster

Cant agree with that more, I've failed a few times but I always try to find a positive angle and focus on the weak areas rather then dwelling on the failure itself

8. rocdamike

rocdamike Byte Poster Gold Member

Keep going. Don't let failure stop you from achieving your goals.

Certifications: F5 CTS, LTM | F5-CA | CCNA: Sec | CCNA: R&S | ITIL Foundation
    WIP: AWS Solutions Architect
  9. Fixxxer80

Fixxxer80 Bit Poster

Bad luck on the fail, i actually have just passed the 70-648 (which was very difficult) so now I'm on to the 70-646 aswell, which I'm expecting will be harder.

Certifications: MCSE: Productivity, MCSA: O365, MCSA: Win Svr 2012/2008/2003, MCITP Exchange 2007
    WIP: MCSA: Cloud Platform, MCSE: Cloud Platform & Infrastructre
  10. BigG

BigG Nibble Poster

Cheers Guys - thanks for the support
    Exam is booked for the 24th - early morning rather than afternoon, so I don't have half a day of work clouding my brain.

Fixxer80 I'll post back on the exam for you, however I can tell you now that the MS Press book 2nd edition, is good, but you need something extra to help you pass (as I found out)

G

11. Rotage

Rotage Bit Poster

Good luck, I always prefer morning exams as I can get out of the way without spending the morning worrying beforehand. I agree regarding the MS Press book I used this when I had to retake this exam and it was good but I did have to do extra stuff to get through (mostly lab work)

12. rahil

rahil New Member

Sorry to hear about the fail man. I hated this test too it was difficult for me.I would look at the score report and hit the areas you were weakest really hard.Lab every area covered in this test extensively as well.Good luck man just keep pushing I know you can pass this test!!!