HOw to Get Server 2003 Trial Version

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by Simon HEster, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Simon HEster

Simon HEster Bit Poster

Hi

Sorry if this has been asked before

What’s the best and cheapest way to get a copy of windows server 2003?

I’m currently only studying for the MCDST but I have a spare PC and wanted to install server 2003 just to get some practise using active directory. I installed and used server 2000 whilst at uni so figured I’d probably be ok with server 2003.

I was looking at buying some of the later books for the MCSA/MCSE courses as I note these come with a free 180 day trial versions of Server 2003 Enterprise Edition.

Ideally I’d buy the box set of 5 books MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exams 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294): Microsoft® Windows Server™ 2003 Core Requirements, Second Edition: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Core Requirements (Paperback) ON Amazon I can get this for £80 this is the cheapest way.

Can anyone tell me with the box set do you only get one copy trial version or 5 copies?

You might think what a silly question and sorry to ask but I figured if you only get one copy of the trial version I could for not much more buy all the books separately and then get 5 separate copies of the trail version.

I ask this assuming the trial versions supplied with the books can only be installed once? Is this correct or not? Therefore having more copies would mean I could use it for longer of course this does mean reinstalling it every 180 days but that helps with practise I guess.

If anyone can help with this or if they know were I could get a full copy for free please let me know I’d be very grateful.

Thanks

Simon

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

You can get a free trial of server 2003 from Microsoft and technet here is the link http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/bb430831.aspx

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You can install the trial version on as many computers as you want. And yes, you'd have to wipe and reinstall every 180 days. If you don't want that sort of limitation, you ought to purchase a yearly Technet Plus Direct or Action Pack subscription, which comes with full versions of all of Microsoft's current software.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!