Prince2 Foundation

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by GrahamUK33, Jan 23, 2014.

1. GrahamUK33

GrahamUK33 New Member

I have started Prince2 Foundation and I am finding it very hard to read the book and take it all in. I have started to make notes to read back as a summary, thought that maybe easier. All I have is the official Prince2 manual.

What have you found to be a good way of learning Prince2 to pass the test.

What steps would I need to take to get a Project Management job? I understand that I would have to start at a low level until I gained enough experience, so I am expecting to start at Junior level.

WIP: Prince2 Foundation
  2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Hi Graham, it would help to know what other experience and qualifications you have to help guide you a bit better. Do you work in IT at the moment?

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. ScrumLeo

ScrumLeo New Member

Hello Graham,
    You can easily do self study and pass the exam. There are some free material that you can use.
    I will attach a free self study book for you to read. It helped me a lot while I was preparing for Foundation.
    Also there are some companies that guarantee your success and you can use them. Most of them offers "Pass Guarantee"
    I hope this can answer your question and please read the book. It will help you a lot!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  4. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Do you have the permission to distribute that PDF? It states clearly on page 3:

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  5. ScrumLeo

ScrumLeo New Member

Yes Admin, I asked him before posting. By the way, this is a Free E-book i am not making profit out of it. I´m just sharing it. :)

6. Donna

Donna New Member

What a god sent.. Simon V. Thanks for Udemy sale link for ITIL foundation. I just found the free e-book for Prince2 Foundation on this forum. I am also planning to study ITIL & Prince up to the expert level and spoke to Knowledge Academy & Global Knowledge about both courses.Have any of the members had dealings with either of these providers?

7. Poonam

Poonam New Member

PRINCE2 as Abbreviated for PRojects IN Controlled Environments, it is a process-based methodology that provides step-by-step and detailed procedures for delivering a successful project. It offers clear instructions and steps and templates for the users to follow, so that the success of the project becomes inevitable. This certification is recognized and valued all over the world for its imperative design of managing projects and improving upon their performance metrics. Having quite a presence in the European, Australian and other Northern American markets, the popularity of PRINCE2 can be validated through the increasing number of people opting for the same.