Anyone have Experience with HDI Certs?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Demiurge, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Demiurge

Demiurge New Member

Anyone have any thoughts on the usefulness of any of the HDI certs? http://www.thinkhdi.com/certification/

Other than their website I haven't found a lot of info about them.

Certifications: A+, N+, S+, CCNA R&S/Security/Wireless
    WIP: CCSP
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Never heard of them mate.

By looking at their website though it looks like they give you a 'certificate' with their name on it rather than any 'known' certifications. So the training may be good, and you may learn things, but you will not have the recognised cert at the end of it.

8)

3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Nice site.

From the brief look I had, it appears they train people to *do* certain jobs and not offer a certification that most people (and employers) are familiar with.

This isn't all bad - to do this probably means they have good trainers who train professionals to make their job easier/ learn new technologies.

It would be better if they offered a recognised Cert at the end of it for me personally.

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  4. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

This seems to be specificaly for help-desk people, and seems to be very USA-centric.

So I'd say that that for other than help-desk requirements, and also for those of us in the UK, it won't be very useful.

I'm sure our American cousins will have something to say though?

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Haven't heard much about them. Unless I'm totally out of the loop on this one, they're not widely known.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+