Question about eigrp network statement

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by CCNAASSOCIATE, Sep 28, 2014.

1. CCNAASSOCIATE

CCNAASSOCIATE New Member

Hello guys,
    in two days i will try to pass my CCNA exam,but i have a big problem with eigrp network statements.

I know the network statements have to be classful,but later i am able to send the the updates classless with the "no auto-summary" command.

But heres my question:

I have a router which has 3 connected subnetworks ( 5.88.192.50/29 ; 5.88.192.56/29 and 5.88.192.224/30) .
    But one of them (5.88.192.224/30) should not be advertised to the neighbors.
    How can i do this task?
    I have to advertise the networks classful (for example with: "network 5.88.192.0") but when i do this the .224 network will be advertised.
    So how can i remove the .224 network from beeing advertised?

Sorry guys i did resolve the problem on my own,i didnt remembered,that i can do classless network statements in eigrp with the wildcard mask.I thought i have to do the statement with an classful network like in rip.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  2. rocdamike

rocdamike Byte Poster Gold Member

Good job on finding the answer by yourself. You're correct. Unlike OSPF, with EIGRP you don't have to put in a wildcard mask, but if you need to advertise specific networks, then you're going to need to use them.

Certifications: F5 CTS, LTM | F5-CA | CCNA: Sec | CCNA: R&S | ITIL Foundation
    WIP: AWS Solutions Architect
  3. CCNAASSOCIATE

CCNAASSOCIATE New Member

Thanks i passed 200-120 with 1000/1000 i was very nervous on the beginning of exam,but it was very easy.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  4. rocdamike

rocdamike Byte Poster Gold Member

Wow, Nice score. Congrats on the pass!

Certifications: F5 CTS, LTM | F5-CA | CCNA: Sec | CCNA: R&S | ITIL Foundation
    WIP: AWS Solutions Architect