Started MCDST

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Firat, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Firat

Firat Bit Poster

Hey everyone. I had some questions about MCDST exams.
    I am currently preparing for the MCDST exams through 2 MS books. I also got 2 books from "Course Tech".
    Before starting MCDST, I was watching CBT's 2CD 70-270 training videos. Although I havent taken the exam, I have learnt quite a lot about xp, and will definitely take the exam later on.
    Now I want to take the MCDST exams and I was wondering if im on the right track.
    I would be really happy if people here who have experienced in these exams can tell me whether I am using the right books and if there is any other tip they would like to share.

There are few more other questions in my mind as well;
    -After MCDST exams, will I immediately find out whether I passed or not?
    -What happens after I pass?(In terms of MCDST certification). Will I quickly receive email from the Microsoft about my certificate or do I have to apply at their website? And does it cost any extra money to the exam fee?
    -I will take the exams in one of the Prometic's London test centre. Anything you would like to advice about this? Like any unpleasant thing that might have happened to you in one of the London centre. Or any place you strongly recommend..

thanks to all of you..
    Regards.

2. beaumontdvd

beaumontdvd Kilobyte Poster

There are few more other questions in my mind as well;
    -
    Yes, they tell you once you have completed the exam.
    --
    You will have the mcdst on your microsoft transcript, after a few days. To have the certificate in hard copy you will have to pay a fee to Micrsoft.
    ---
    Mate, if your going for the mcdst why are you watching videos for the 270, that is the exam after the mcdst thta counts towards the mcsa, but it is worth a watch just checking you know the mcdst consists of the 271 and 272 exam. I use the ms press books they are amazing to say the least. Also come with a copy of xp pro and measure up so you can take practice exams, these are on amazon for about £30. I also buy the exam crams. There a good read and get to the point nicely. Hope it goes well for you!

Dave

Certifications: 070-271, 070-272, (MCDST)Level 1,2,3 NVQ
    WIP: 070-270, A+, N+, S+,MCDST 7 Upgrade
  3. Firat

Firat Bit Poster

Thank you very much for the information. I am not studing for 270 at the moment, I was studing for it before I started to MCDST:P

I see that you have passed both exams. Congratulations,hope so will I:D.
    How long did you prepare for the exams?

thx again..

4. beaumontdvd

beaumontdvd Kilobyte Poster

Not long mate, but I basically knew xp inside out so I was taking my time so remember thedetailed parts. Dont rush it, remember its to learn from. Theres no point in having a cert that you don't understand fully. Do the 270 after the mcdst mate it fits in perfectly its like a storyline book sort of thing.

Hope they go well for you mate,
    Dave

Certifications: 070-271, 070-272, (MCDST)Level 1,2,3 NVQ
    WIP: 070-270, A+, N+, S+,MCDST 7 Upgrade